Forums
Posted By: MattLFC The Boat House, Parkgate - 26th Mar 2008 6:38pm
It's amazing how this place has expanded... in the original photograph, you can see that it was only a cafe and was a tiny building, whereas in the new photograph, you can see it is a much larger building and is now a pub/reteraunt!!

It's expanded that much, that it is actually hard to amtch the photograph because the dimensions have changed completely!

I wonder if it was ever just an old "boat house" before it was a cafe, and if so, if any photographs exist of it...

Description: The original Photograph taken in the 1950's
Attached picture boathouse.jpg

Description: A photograph I took one early morning a few weeks back...
Attached picture Picture 024 copy.jpg
Posted By: Mark Re: The Boat House, Parkgate - 26th Mar 2008 7:42pm
Well done good match for the angles wink
Posted By: MattLFC Re: The Boat House, Parkgate - 26th Mar 2008 9:35pm
If im truthful, I just got lucky lol... I took the photo before I had seen the original and then realised it was almost at the same angle, so I cropped it a touch to get it the same.

smile
Posted By: SoundLad Re: The Boat House, Parkgate - 26th Mar 2008 10:58pm
Ive heard that place is top notch.. Never tried it though as its in Parky..
Posted By: hoseman Re: The Boat House, Parkgate - 26th Mar 2008 11:56pm
Its a good place for a beer or a meal! Gets buisy at weekends and summer, great stop off after a walk down the prom, you also have a pub at the other end, so doesnt matter which way you walk!!
Posted By: AR_One Re: The Boat House, Parkgate - 5th May 2008 1:31pm
"Ive heard that place is top notch.. Never tried it though as its in Parky.."

Good for proper beer, especially if you get a seat in the window and relax watching the view and supping a few ales!
Posted By: MrPhil Re: The Boat House, Parkgate - 5th May 2008 3:26pm
hoseman, the pub at the other end is The Old Quay, they have a Carvery their aswell.
Posted By: jemima Re: The Boat House, Parkgate - 6th Jun 2008 4:16pm
Had lunch there last month, very good. Was evacuated in Parkgate during WW2, the sea used to come right up to the wall then, sad to see it silted up but it does mean you can see lots of bird life. Remember us school children marching along the front at the end of the war singing It's a Long Way to Tipperary'. Went to school in Neston.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: The Boat House, Parkgate - 7th Jun 2008 3:54pm
Heh, I found some interesting info on this the other day, problem is im at the gf's until Tuesday now, and I think the book is at home, so I wont be able to post it till then.

smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral