Forums
Posted By: Mark Argyle street South - 8th Jun 2007 10:07pm
Argyle street South

Do you remember when?
Do you have a storey to tell of days gone by in the picture?

Attached picture 983-wikiwirral-argyle_street_south.jpg
Posted By: fordsteve Re: Argyle street South - 9th Jun 2007 10:20am
lol not much changed on that one raftl
Posted By: Mark Re: Argyle street South - 29th Sep 2007 10:38pm
A reverse angle looking up Argyle Street South wink 2007

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Wheels Re: Argyle street South - 29th Sep 2007 10:44pm
haha crazy! almost identical

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Mark Re: Argyle street South - 29th Sep 2007 10:50pm
Spooky ( We were there at the same time today ).
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Argyle street South - 29th Sep 2007 10:50pm
I love that hill from the very top if i start cycling from church road and get a constant speed of 10mph i can reach 30mph on a cycle going down that hill heh ! very gooood!!!
Posted By: chriskay Re: Argyle street South - 26th Oct 2007 12:22pm
The later pics. bring back memories. The street on the left, just beyond the bus, is Mollington St. where there was a railway motive power shed & coaling station. Occasionally used to go there in the late 1940's when I was just into my teens & if I was lucky, get a ride on the footplate to Woodside. Later, mid 1950's when I was a projectionist at the Plaza in Borough Rd. I used to have to collect the newsreel film from Central station twice a week.
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Argyle street South - 26th Oct 2007 3:37pm
Interesting stuff.

Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: Mark Re: Argyle street South - 26th Oct 2007 4:48pm
Originally Posted by chriskay
The later pics. bring back memories. The street on the left, just beyond the bus, is Mollington St. where there was a railway motive power shed & coaling station. Occasionally used to go there in the late 1940's when I was just into my teens & if I was lucky, get a ride on the footplate to Woodside. Later, mid 1950's when I was a projectionist at the Plaza in Borough Rd. I used to have to collect the newsreel film from Central station twice a week.
Its snippets like that we created these forums for, so we can get some idea what it was like in the past.

As joe says thanks for sharing smile
Posted By: chriskay Re: Argyle street South - 26th Oct 2007 8:18pm
Originally Posted by Mark
Its snippets like that we created these forums for, so we can get some idea what it was like in the past.

As joe says thanks for sharing smile

Ha! don't get me started. Although I live in Shrewsbury now, I visit regularly. Although much has changed, some areas, like Oxton & Claughton have hardly changed at all. I was a child in Birkenhead during the war. My father worked all his life as a shipwright at Lairds & was in "Dads' Army" & we had an Anderson shelter in our garden. My dad used to take me to watch Tranmere Rovers, which I guess is why I'm not interested in football now.
Glad to have found this site.
Cheers, Chris.
Posted By: Mark Re: Argyle street South - 26th Oct 2007 8:31pm
I bet you have a hundred stories wink
Thanks for your comments.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral