Forums
Posted By: Ken_Doerr Anyone recognise these doors? - 1st May 2021 8:55am
Does anyone recognise these doors? My house is a reconstructed farm building and the doors were apparently sourced from an institute of some sort on The Wirral. Anyone involved in the building work, from the late '80's, has passed on.

The locks are unique in that they could be locked twice, with two different keys (I don't have any keys). I would imagine that rooms needed to be locked and, at times double locked, by a person in authority. Possibly to keep someone inside secure or access strictly controlled.

They are larger than average in size and beautifully made. They all came with original architraves so were deemed valuable enough to be carefully salvaged at the time.

I've searched many times and not found anything definitive. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks, Ken

Attached picture 20201215_091454.jpg
Attached picture 20201215_091526.jpg
Attached picture 20201215_091542.jpg
Attached picture 20201215_091549.jpg
Posted By: TheComputerLab Re: Anyone recognise these doors? - 6th May 2021 9:29pm
Can’t view the attachments. Can you host them on imagebam ophoto bucket please
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Anyone recognise these doors? - 7th May 2021 5:49pm
From a bank maybe?
Posted By: FlorianHaas Re: Anyone recognise these doors? - 14th Feb 2023 12:30pm
From the photos, it's difficult to identify the specific origin of these doors, as there are many doors that could have a similar design. However, the fact that they are unique in that they can be locked twice with different keys suggests that they were used in a specific context, possibly in an institution or government building.

It's possible that the doors were custom-made for a specific purpose, and therefore may not have been mass-produced. The fact that they came with original architraves could indicate that they were considered valuable and were carefully salvaged.

If you haven't found any definitive information about the origin of the doors, it may be worth consulting with an expert in antique doors or architectural salvage or emergency locksmith Ealing. They may be able to provide more insight into the design and construction of the doors, as well as possible sources or manufacturers.

It's also worth noting that there may be some historical records or archives that could provide more information about the building or institution where the doors originally came from. Local historical societies or archives may be able to provide some assistance in this regard.

Overall, without more specific information or documentation, it may be difficult to determine the exact origin and history of these doors.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral