Forums
Posted By: Paternoster21 STREET MAPS - 22nd Apr 2017 9:54am
Does anybody know where to find old street maps of Ellesmere Port especially around the Dock street/Queen street area.

Thanks
Posted By: venice Re: STREET MAPS - 22nd Apr 2017 10:16am
I d ring ring the boat museum and ask if they have any to look at .
Posted By: granny Re: STREET MAPS - 22nd Apr 2017 12:32pm

How old ?

We were able to get Ordinance Survey Maps from 1900's, probably still can. Phone Linghams Book Shop as they used to have them , or they may have a contact.

0151 342 7290 (Heswall)

I'm not sure how you are thinking of doing the walks, either by advertising or local friends etc. but if it is for the general public I am sure you would need insurance cover too, just in case e.g. someone fell into the dock or tripped on an old plank, they could sue you ! I think it's called 'public liability'

Public liability insurance protects you if clients or members of the public suffer personal injury or property damage because of your business. It can pay for the costs of subsequent legal expenses or compensation claims and is an integral cover for businesses that interact regularly with customers.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: STREET MAPS - 22nd Apr 2017 1:34pm
They will have plan maps in the main library for many different years, if not the Cheshire archive service will have them. They usually have a licence to copy if silver crosses their palms.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: STREET MAPS - 22nd Apr 2017 4:15pm
Circa 1911 ...

Attached picture QueensStEp2.jpg
Attached picture QueensStEp1.jpg
Posted By: Papa_Juliet Re: STREET MAPS - 23rd Apr 2017 2:22pm
Originally Posted by Paternoster21
Does anybody know where to find old street maps of Ellesmere Port especially around the Dock street/Queen street area.

Thanks

There are 1875 and 1910 maps of the area here:
Cheshire Tithe Maps

Posted By: Gibbo Re: STREET MAPS - 24th Apr 2017 10:12am
http://maps.nls.uk/geo/explore/side...n=-2.8955&layers=6&right=BingSat
© Wirral-Wikiwirral