Forums
Posted By: LittleFoote WW2 Poems - 23rd Aug 2016 9:03pm
I am wondering if anyone can help me, please?

My Great Grandad was a paratrooper in WW2. I have found many letters, memorabilia, poems and what appears to be trench art.

The poems, written by grandad, are love poems to my Great Nanna. I think they are fantastic. Full of hope but yet very dark. They are all signed.

The art work appears to be German, there is what I think, German writing around the edge. It is a pencil sketch of 3 soldiers running in what looks like tunnel or trench. It is signed although I can't tell by who.

As it is my nannas (great grandads daughter) 80th next year I was hoping to make a book for her.

I was wondering if there is anybody who would be interested in maybe publishing some of the work or giving me a valuation/more information on the poems/art.

Thank you in advance.
Posted By: granny Re: WW2 Poems - 24th Aug 2016 9:19am
Little foot, are you hoping to sell this memorabilia or just hoping it can be published ? If they are published, I think you might have to give them up and lose them. How about having them copied in a different way and you can , retain /frame the originals for example ?
Posted By: granny Re: WW2 Poems - 24th Aug 2016 9:30am

Your message box is full. Can you delete some ?
Posted By: LittleFoote Re: WW2 Poems - 24th Aug 2016 12:59pm
Hi Granny.

Messages deleted, room for more now.

I don't want to lose them. I would copy them though. In the middle of typing them up on my laptop.

Thanks
© Wirral-Wikiwirral