Forums
Posted By: rainman Miss New Brighton Souvenir Programmes - 4th Aug 2016 12:00pm
found these whilst emptying a garage .. wondering if there is any value in them ...

any thoughts ?

Images wont show , delete please
Posted By: Dilly Re: Miss New Brighton Souvenir Programmes - 4th Aug 2016 12:17pm
Hi rainman,there is a shop opposite New brighton station that deals in all that sort of stuff. Might be worth a wOrd with them.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Miss New Brighton Souvenir Programmes - 5th Aug 2016 7:21am
Definitely worth a punt on ebay. There will be a market for such things. I got a 8mm cine player from a garage clearance and wanted. A cheap film to see if it still works ok.was surprised to see there was still people selling x rated 8mm cine film. So would think there would be a market for swim clad bathing beauties being judged by bespeckled old men in rain coats.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Miss New Brighton Souvenir Programmes - 5th Aug 2016 7:34am
Originally Posted by fish5133
Definitely worth a punt on ebay. There will be a market for such things. I got a 8mm cine player from a garage clearance and wanted. A cheap film to see if it still works ok.was surprised to see there was still people selling x rated 8mm cine film. So would think there would be a market for swim clad bathing beauties being judged by bespeckled old men in rain coats.

Fish that's my father you're talking about smile
Posted By: rainman Re: Miss New Brighton Souvenir Programmes - 5th Aug 2016 10:44pm
thank you for the info ,i found the 1966 and 1967 Souvenir Programmes and watched the event on YouTube ,New Brighton was rocking ..what happened
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Miss New Brighton Souvenir Programmes - 6th Aug 2016 10:03am
Originally Posted by Dilly

I think it was everyones father back then.the specs and macs made 30 year old men look sixty. Vaguely remember an ad in the newspaper for those macs.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Miss New Brighton Souvenir Programmes - 6th Aug 2016 10:48am
Originally Posted by Dilly

I think it was everyones father back then.the specs and macs made 30 year old men look sixty. Vaguely remember an ad in the newspaper for those macs.

Have you still got yours Fish ? smile
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Miss New Brighton Souvenir Programmes - 7th Aug 2016 12:20pm
Nearest I got to a flashers mac was the heavy grey ex army trench coats. Now a days its easier to get noticed with the full length hi viz coat---even provided by Wirral Council.

Attached picture trench coat flasher.jpg
© Wirral-Wikiwirral