Forums
Posted By: DJenkins Norman Colebourne - 19th Jun 2015 2:03pm
Hi. Hope this is the right place for this posting. Does anyone know if there are any of Norman Colebournes' paintings on public view locally?
Posted By: snowhite Re: Norman Colebourne - 19th Jun 2015 2:09pm
Hope one of our wiki members can help you with this.
Just like to say welcome to wiki D Jenkins.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Norman Colebourne - 19th Jun 2015 4:34pm
http://www.yelp.co.uk/biz/liverpool-pictures-liverpool
Posted By: DJenkins Re: Norman Colebourne - 20th Jun 2015 2:09pm
Thanks for the replies. I think Liverpool Pictures might be prints. Any info on originals on display anywhere would be appreciated.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Norman Colebourne - 21st Jun 2015 11:50pm
There doesn't appear to be a public Norman Colebourne collection anywhere.

I can only suggest contacting the National Museums Liverpool (or Walker and Lady Lever separately, maybe Williamson as well) and ask if they can help.

It might be worth keeping your eye out on local auctioneers (who have viewings) but it seems to have been very quiet in the last year.

Incredibly, originals have popped up on ebay in the past.

Posted By: Snodvan Re: Norman Colebourne - 1st Jul 2015 8:33pm
I have one ! Received as a gift from the Colebourne family

Snod
Posted By: paxvobiscum Re: Norman Colebourne - 2nd Jul 2015 8:08pm
Friends of the Ferries usually have a stall outside the cafe in Vale Park when the Sunday band concerts are on. They sell cards of the Norman Colebourne Paintings of The Mersey at £1 each. I find them such good quality and suitable to frame or send as birthday cards/farewell or welcome to Merseyside.
The Artist's Son prints them to order so if you liked a particular print, several copies can be ordered from the stall.

If any of the paintings are held in storage at The Williamson sometimes you can have by arrangement a private view, though I don't know if they still can offer this service.
Posted By: DJenkins Re: Norman Colebourne - 10th Jul 2015 9:38am
Thanks for all the replies.

The Friends of the Ferries stall is what sparked off this inquiry after I bought a couple of the cards mentioned by paxvobiscum (one was of the Lancastria).

Which picture do you have Snod?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral