Forums
Posted By: dave2745 Birkenhead News Headlines/Articles January 1971 - 12th Jul 2014 8:14pm
Does anyone know where I may be able to view Birkenhead News headlines and related articles from January 1971 (possibly including late-December 1970 to early-February-1971)? This is a very personal matter which relates to my late Mother and I'd appreciate any help with this query. Sorry I can't be more accurate about the date but I was only 17 years old at the time.

Cheers for any help with this.
Try the archives in Birkenhead or Birkenhead library.
Chris is correct and the link below shows what copies.

http://www.wirral.gov.uk/my-service...nts-we-hold/collections/local-newspapers

advice is, the bound copies could not be photocopied the last time I was there, take a camera with you. The charge was £3 for using, but you could take as many snaps as required. Also phone before you go and the very helpful staff will have the years you wish to look at ready for you.
Many thanks Chris and Bert, will contact them first thing tomorrow. I'll keep you posted on how things go. Thanks again.
Posted By: granny Re: Birkenhead News Headlines/Articles January 1971 - 13th Jul 2014 10:17pm
Just have to say a few words.

Bert, you are so much appreciated on this site , I'm sure.

Whoever comes along with a question of history or where records are concerned, up you pop with the right help every time. There are others too who are very helpful and well informed, but your response is always of clarity.

Well done to you and thanks for all your, and other members help . smile
2nd'd..You do great job Bert. Don't ever leave.
withthat
blush Thank you all.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral