Forums
Posted By: dave2745 Andy's Diner Conway Street Birkenhead - 15th Jun 2014 9:02am
Does anyone remember, or better still, have any photos of Andy's Diner, which was located in Conway Street, Birkenhead (on the same side as the Cycle Exchange) during the mid-1970s to possibly the early-80s. If I remember rightly, it was on the corner and they had a couple of pool tables in there, but not being a pool player, the thing I remember most is they served the most delicious pizzas in there. My friend at the time (who I haven't seen in donkey's years) had the annoying habit of calling it "Andy's Dinners".

Would appreciate any help with this because a mate of mine (a North-Ender just like me) can't even remember it ever existing.
I'm just wondering if Pete's Café and Andy's Diner were one and the same and had perhaps changed owner in its later years.

Posted By: lansyp Re: Andy's Diner Conway Street Birkenhead - 15th Jun 2014 9:29am
There are a few good forums on Facebook with loads of photos may be worth a look just put Birkenhead in your search ,think the one I use is Birkenhead and Wallasey history
Posted By: bert1 Re: Andy's Diner Conway Street Birkenhead - 15th Jun 2014 9:47am

Attached picture andys 1980.JPG
Posted By: bert1 Re: Andy's Diner Conway Street Birkenhead - 15th Jun 2014 9:51am
Same address as Andy's

Andy's 1980

Pete's 1972

Attached picture petes 1972.JPG
Posted By: dave2745 Re: Andy's Diner Conway Street Birkenhead - 15th Jun 2014 11:24am
Thanks lansyp and Bert for all your help. I must admit I'm not really a fan of Facebook, but I will ask my niece to have a look on there on my behalf.

Thanks again happy
© Wirral-Wikiwirral