Forums
Posted By: Erainn Images of Livingstone Street Baths Sought - 27th May 2013 12:22pm
Anybody have a photo of Livingstone Street Baths, either external or inside? Cheers, Erainn
Posted By: bert1 Re: Images of Livingstone Street Baths Sought - 27th May 2013 3:16pm

Attached picture liv.JPG
Posted By: Mark Re: Images of Livingstone Street Baths Sought - 27th May 2013 4:54pm
That could be a prison from the outside.
Not appealing at all.
Posted By: derekdwc Re: Images of Livingstone Street Baths Sought - 27th May 2013 9:42pm
some info click

and some pics from Byrne Avenue baths that are similar to Livvy baths click
I think there's a few pics in one of the local history books
Posted By: Erainn Re: Images of Livingstone Street Baths Sought - 28th May 2013 11:48am
Bert & Derek thanks a million for the fabulous image and information, a real help smile
Posted By: Icarus Re: Images of Livingstone Street Baths Sought - 15th Jun 2013 4:16am
Always remember having to step into a shallow pool of water that was filled with what smelt like Dettol ...just before you could actually enter the slipper bath ....it was always cold and made me cringe ....probably a way to prevent catching any foot fungal problems .....once inside the main pool every 30 minutes or so they would have warm water jetting out from the green coloured hand rail at the shallow end of the pool....it was very noisy as everything echoed ....getting changed inside the tiny wooden cubicles was a feat in itself.
You could even rent a bathing costume ...scratchy ..so much so that I'm certain it was made from sailcloth .
Posted By: Erainn Re: Images of Livingstone Street Baths Sought - 17th Jun 2013 12:10pm
Icarus, yes it was more 'workhouse' than recreation centre smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral