Forums
Hi, does anyone remember the childrens nursery on the corner
of Oakdale Road and Vernon Avenue Seacombe. I remember it being run by Mrs King.
Every Christmas they had a jumble sale and for the admission price of 6d (I think)you got a cup of tea and a biscuit. I used to have a race with a Mrs Smith to be first in the queue, I always got there an hour early before they opened :-)
The children(Inmates) used to be made to have an afternoon
sleep for an hour on a cot bed with a thick grey blanket.
I know it was still open in 1972, but no idea when it closed.
Has anyone got any pictures of it?. I have searched all over
to no avail. Thanks in advance, Cheers.
Yes wasn't it originally a school dinner centre ? Try looking for that.
I remember the kitchen being right next to the path, always smelt nice as you went passed, level with about number 99 oakdale road. I`ll go do a search but I`m not hopeful. Cheers, Dilly
I used to live in the prefabs in Citrine rd, at the bottom of Oakdale, would love to see some pics of those if anyone has any. Cheers
Your wish is my command...

Attached picture prefabs1.jpg
Attached picture prefabs2.jpg
one more... only let me do 2 pics as a limit

Attached picture prefabs3.JPG
Thanks so much Zipper they are super. Thank you .
Your Welcome, Proberbly the only road I knew where the house numbers where consecutive.
Oakdale Nursery was brilliant. Two of my children went there - one around 1971 and the other around 1978. They were so well looked after and all the nursery assistants wore uniforms and the matron was lovely. I have got a great photo of my little boy there at a Xmas party and if I knew how to scan I would put it on.
Looks like nobody else has any photos, ce la vie
The same prefabs where at the end of Gorsedale Road and Llyods Corner where the Dale pub used to be and library still is.
Originally Posted by ZipperClub
The same prefabs where at the end of Gorsedale Road and Llyods Corner where the Dale pub used to be and library still is.

also in Wheatland lane, where Joeys school is Zipper.
Ahh Yes, I backed my car into the small wall in front and broke the exhaust on the manifold. Had to get it drilled out. It was winter and I could not see out the back window, Mrs nagging and kid crying in the back. The good old days :-)
Originally Posted by ZipperClub
Ahh Yes, I backed my car into the small wall in front and broke the exhaust on the manifold. Had to get it drilled out. It was winter and I could not see out the back window, Mrs nagging and kid crying in the back. The good old days :-)

Zipper I have tracked down the owners and they are going to invoice you for the damage to the wall, laugh
its ok, i`m not insured :-)
Hey dilly, I found A picture of the nursery at last and a very poor shot of the prefabs. Better than nothing... still looking for more nursery ones

Attached picture seacombe1970.jpg
great pic Zipper,sorry only just seen it. cheers !
Hello, I noticed that you had images of prefabs. Where they by any chance of the ones in Wheatland lane Seacombe. My grandparents lived there in the 60`s/70`s and I have been trying to locate a photo of their prefab which I think was number 64. Are you able to help. Thank you
© Wirral-Wikiwirral