Forums
Has anyone any photo's of Williston Place, Birkenhead (not sure if this is the correct spelling)?It was behind the Cleveland Hotel and off Hamilton Lane and between Cleveland Street and Price Street. There was two rows of small terraced houses facing each other and I can still remember the names of some of the people who lived there.
I'd love to know the history of this place, when built and when demolished? Any information would be most interesting.
Regards
It was WILLASTON Place - here it is on the Birkenhead 1909 map by Godfrey.

These terraces were demolished in the Sixties and Brunswick Court maisonettes and flats were built there.

The site of Willaston Place became a car park and the only older building that remained was the Cleveland pub (known as Bowskill's).

Brunswick Court was in its turn demolished and new housing built there. The area is now known as Brunswick Mews.

Attached picture bhd1909.jpg
Thank you so much yoller.
This brings back memories as all old maps and photo's do and now I can place things.
Regards
I have relatives who lived in the shipyards area of Birkenhead in the 1900s--Holy Trinity parish. I would love to see any old maps pf the area as some of the streets appear to have changed or no longer exist. I can't seem to access the 1909 map file posted by Godfrey a while back. Does anyone have it or something similar that I could access online?

Thank you!
You might like this https://maps.nls.uk/geo/explore/sid...-3.0227&layers=168&right=BingHyb
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper

This is exactly what I need. Thank you so much!
Hi l was born in 7 Williston place in 1956.
Could you please reply to this message as I am not sure if you will receive this.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral