Forums
Posted By: NettyMc Cathcart St and Conwat St Photos - 14th Nov 2012 4:39pm
Hi all. I grew up in Banning St and went to St Laurence's School. I have very happy memories of growing up and playing in the streets around Cathcart St, Conway St and St Ann St. Please does anyone have any photos of any of these streets? Id love to see them...I remember back in the 60's all the little two up two down houses, where you could leave your front door open.Would love to hear from anyone who went to St Laurences smile
Posted By: torryman Re: Cathcart St and Conwat St Photos - 14th Nov 2012 5:08pm
Hi Netty, I lived in Banning street until I was 6 years old (1958).
Somebody has already posted pictures of Banning Street and Keigthly street ....I don't know how to access them but somebody will no doubt put a link up.

I do have a scan of a photograph of a bunch of ladies (including my mum Mona) posing for a "Banning Street Gang" day out with perhaps relatives of yours on...it was taken probably in the early 50'

I'll email it to you if you pm me.
Posted By: NettyMc Re: Cathcart St and Conwat St Photos - 14th Nov 2012 5:23pm
Hi Torryman.
Thanks so much for your reply...nice to meet you! My family moved in to Banning St in I think 1942. I have three much older Brothers and two sisters. My eldest brother is John, then a sister Eileen and then Joseph.Mum and Dad were Eileen and John. I would love to see the photo, Mum and Dad have been gone 42 years and 33 years now....I miss them and often reflect about Banning St and St Laurences. Look forward to hearing from you torryman.
Posted By: torryman Re: Cathcart St and Conwat St Photos - 14th Nov 2012 6:51pm
Pm me your email address and I'll email the photo ....let me know if you recognise anyone....going out now ..back about 9.30 ..ta ra
Posted By: NettyMc Re: Cathcart St and Conwat St Photos - 14th Nov 2012 8:21pm
Hi torryman....I sent my email to you, hope you received it...still working out how this site works! Please will you let me know if you didnt get the pm. Hope you had a nice eve. Will check back here later. Thanks a million
Posted By: torryman Re: Cathcart St and Conwat St Photos - 14th Nov 2012 9:26pm
didn't get anything.....I'll have a look for the scan while I wait
Posted By: NettyMc Re: Cathcart St and Conwat St Photos - 14th Nov 2012 10:53pm
Hi torryman I sent it again. Im not sure if its sent as I keep getting a message saying I have used my message priveledge to the maximum! I have only sent a few comments and a message. Still not sure why it keeps telling me that
Please can you let e know if you got the pm I resent. Thank you so much
Posted By: torryman Re: Cathcart St and Conwat St Photos - 14th Nov 2012 11:36pm
nothing yet...
Posted By: NettyMc Re: Cathcart St and Conwat St Photos - 15th Nov 2012 12:44am
Hi torryman. I have contacted Wiki Wirral to see why I cannot post a pm.Recieved a replysaying they will be in touch shortly. I dont know how else to send you my email address.I will write again later today, thank you for your patience.
Posted By: chriskay Re: Cathcart St and Conwat St Photos - 15th Nov 2012 12:11pm
When you click on torryman's name, don't you get a drop-down box with "send a PM" one of the options?
Posted By: marty99fred Re: Cathcart St and Conwat St Photos - 15th Nov 2012 2:04pm
Links to photos of Banning Street area here, and Camden Street/Marion Street area here.
Posted By: torryman Re: Cathcart St and Conwat St Photos - 16th Nov 2012 5:46pm
HI Netty, these are the same photo's I was looking for, to send to you...great aren't they....
Posted By: NettyMc Re: Cathcart St and Conwat St Photos - 19th Nov 2012 3:10pm
Hi guys.....Thank you all for the messages. I was over the moon to see Banning Street! I last saw it 44 years ago, we left our house to stay with family the morning my Dad passed away two days before Christmas....we never went back, we were re housed near by to mums sister.So thse photos hold so many memories for me. I am so pleased to see them. Thank you all. Netty x
Posted By: Briannic Re: Cathcart St and Conwat St Photos - 4th Dec 2012 12:22am
Hi.
If you are on facebook , you should join OLD PHOTOS OF BIRKENHEAD Lots of pics on there....
Posted By: cathcart Re: Cathcart St and Conwat St Photos - 4th Dec 2012 3:32pm
ive tried old photos of birkenhead it says click to join,but cant get further.
Posted By: dingle Re: Cathcart St and Conwat St Photos - 11th Dec 2012 3:19am
It is a closed group so unless you can get to the admin you can't join.
Posted By: cathcart Re: Cathcart St and Conwat St Photos - 11th Dec 2012 8:12am
i was made a member by a kind lady member its an excellent site.
Posted By: NettyMc Re: Cathcart St and Conwat St Photos - 19th Dec 2012 6:41pm
I just sent a friend request....will let you know if they add me. wink
Posted By: dingle Re: Cathcart St and Conwat St Photos - 24th Dec 2012 10:41pm
Thanks NettyMC
Posted By: lainy Re: Cathcart St and Conwat St Photos - 22nd Mar 2013 9:30pm
Hi we lived in School Place and went to St Laurences.
Posted By: Icarus Re: Cathcart St and Conwat St Photos - 5th Jun 2013 3:02am
Lainy,

Do you remember Norah Reynolds ....she lived in School Place in the 50's ...didn't they have a street party for the Coronation ...they had the streamers of small pointed flags stretched from one side of the street to the other side....and the wall at the end of the street was painted with Flags and such.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral