Forums
Posted By: cathcart marion street cathcart street school - 26th Sep 2012 1:20pm
quite a few new members so im still looking for pictures of marion street,also cathcart street school and the swing park on camden street and the surrounding areas,thanks.
Posted By: Rort71 Re: marion street cathcart street school - 28th Sep 2012 8:38am
I remember the Camden street playground as I broke my arm falling of the highest bar on the ascending three bars, I was about 10 years old. Now 72. No soft landing then-just concrete- sadly no photographs of the swing park.
Posted By: derekdwc Re: marion street cathcart street school - 28th Sep 2012 9:32am
Originally Posted by Rort71
I remember the Camden street playground as I broke my arm falling of the highest bar on the ascending three bars, I was about 10 years old. Now 72. No soft landing then-just concrete- sadly no photographs of the swing park.

If I remember correctly the Camden St swings were similar to the ones in Cromwell/Oliver Street and it was a man called Jack who used to lock them up of a night and open them in the mornings.
ps(they must have moved the highest bars after you had your accident seeyu seeyu )

I vaguely recall that your posher playground had extras - Seesaw and a roundabout thing that twirled around?

Had some great games of cricket and football here

Attached picture Cromwell_Street_Playground.jpg
Posted By: cathcart Re: marion street cathcart street school - 1st Oct 2012 4:28pm
Thanks for that, fell a few times myself, never as bad as yours though. It was a smashing place,many happy hours in the 50s.
Posted By: cathcart Re: marion street cathcart street school - 1st Oct 2012 4:32pm
Jack was a nice man, we were cheeky to him but still respected him. He had a bike and in the winter wore a long coat.
Posted By: Geoff1954 Re: marion street cathcart street school - 10th Nov 2012 6:16pm
Lived in Elldon st so we played football here got a few scars on the Back of my head from swings hitting me it was in the 60 s if it was raining we would climb over Cathcart st annex and play there in the long shed
Posted By: cathcart Re: marion street cathcart street school - 12th Nov 2012 11:03pm
would love a picture of the camden street swing park.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral