Forums
Hello all I'm interested in a couple of bands from the swinging sixties, one was called the Zero's and the other was called the vince earl attraction, the vince earl attraction appeared on new faces but I'm looking for any photo's of the bands prior to that period or of any memories of any of the band members,I wonder if any one has any old flyers?
try googling "VINCE EARL AND THE TALISMEN" EG
Cheers I have done,I'm more interested in the band the zeros than in vince earl,I'm looking for old photos and memories of people who went to see them in the majestic in birkenhead or at any other show they might have been at the time.
I've found a copy of a used ticket for a beat session sat 10 feb 1962 st pauls presbyterian church hall,northroad, birkenhead.
beat session staring the fabulous beatles and the zeros.
If any one has any original tickets or flyers I would be grateful if I could get a copy or buy them if there no longer needed, thank you in advance,
Does anyone remember going to that session? thank you in advance
why dont you contact billy butler on radio merseyside, he knows everthing about the past music scene!
http://www.licoricesoul.co.uk/lsd015-vinceEarl.php
http://www.merseybeatnostalgia.co.uk/html/photographs.html

email this fella, he may be able to help
Thanks egg for the links, I've seen the vince earl attraction pic before,I was looking for anything a bit earlier, I've got a few photo's that don't seem to be on any other site so I'll upload them and send them in to a few of the sites,I can't seem to find much mention of the zeros so if anyone has a flyer or a ticket from back then I would love to have a look.

the zeros, the vince earl attraction, the jason eddie sound,
can anybody name the band members please

Attached picture the_zeros.jpg
Attached picture the_zeros_001.jpg
Attached picture the_zeros_002.jpg
Attached picture the_zeros_003.jpg
Attached picture the_zeros_004.jpg
Vince Earle was in Brookside later on wasnt he?
much later on,
The guy with the black tash is Ray Whitehead!!
Vince earl was Ron Dixon in brookside
Defo Ray Whitehead Bass player with the Zeros, They were a support band on The Jerry Lee Lewis Tour but The Killer married his 13 year old cousin and brought her with him on tour, the newspapers found out about it and the tour was cancelled. The Zeros Big chance Lost. Ray used to live in North Road I also think The Fonz modeled himself on Ray. 3richard.
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/jerry-lee-lewis-drops-a-bombshell-in-london
just found this link to that story but no mention of the zero's do you know if they played at any of the 3 shows jerry lee lewis did actually preform at? thanks John
Have you spoken to Doug Darroch at Fort Perch Rock,he seems to know lots of groups and he also books groups to play at the fort, maybe he can help, his tel no is on his web.
Manfred Kuhlmann's book "The Sound with the Pound" lists one line-up of the Zeros as John Parry, David Skinner, John Kitson, David Brown and Kenny Webster on drums, but there's no photos or any further information.
John, One of the dates for the tour was to play The Tower Ballroom, New Brighton the American Rockers would be backed by a local band. Did Jerry Lee play the Tower ? Did The Zeros get the chance to back him My mate Bernard Phillips worked with Ray Whitehead and the story was related to him. Iv`e heard stories of Birkenhead Bands that nearly went to Hamburg BUT etc 3richard
Thanks for the info guys this is stuff I never knew,
the first photo,from left to right is, Ray Whitehead, bass, Brian Hilton rythmn, Barry Ezra lead, Mike Oldam drums, and middle is Vince Earl, lead singer.
is that the same brian hilton who played with the hillsiders.
2nd photo, front vince earl, back left to right, ray whitehead bass, jimmy jordan drums, ray purchase lead guitar.
yes that's the same one' played with Ronnie Bennet on steel guitar, I don't remember the other band members names, I know the bass guitarists first name was Joe, I thought they were the best country and western group around
I've managed to find an original poster for the Jerry Lee Lewis gig in New brighton but still don't no if it took place.

Description: I've managed to find these little snippets
Attached File
jerry lee lewis poster.PDF  (28 downloads)
Attached File
beatles ticket.PDF  (15 downloads)
joe butler was his name ,had a show on radio city, sadly he past away a few years back.

Jerry lee lewis ticket for the New brighton show

Description: Jerry lee lewis ticket,
Attached picture jerry lee lewis ticket tower ballroom new brighton.jpg
I can't access the files
Originally Posted by 94mikej
I can't access the files

You will need to be a paid member Mikej
mike oldam was my brother he played drums, barry ezra played lead guitar, ray whitehead was my husband and vince was the frontman, they did play on the tower ballroom new brighton with jerry lee lewis but I can't remember the date at that time vince wasn't with them and brian Hilton played rhythm guitar, the night they played at st pauls youth club which was opposite to rays house north rd, the beatles fans arrived in a coach and one of their fans girl fell off the stage and banged her head badly she was taken to hospital as I remember, I often wonder how she got on,ray and I got divorced in the late 70s so iv'e lost most of the memorabilia however i'll have a route round to see whwt I can find.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral