Forums
Has anyone got any pics of Eberneezer street Rockferry pre 1940's, it's off New Chester road near Bedford road, and does anyone remember an ice cream and beaverage shop on Old Chester road that made all their own ice creams and drinks?
scrap yard
Before it was a scrap yard it was residential housing,was wondering what they looked like they where pre 1900's
I Think it was the Bluebird Cafe on OCR
I had the choice of getting the bus to school or walking and spending the peeny ha'penny on sweets at the Bluebird
ebeneezer street houses were two up two down with lobby no bathroom wc in yard similar to coronation street but without bay windows top end of street was slighly different to mersey road end hope this helps
Ebeneezer Street Area circa 1970 Map & Aerial View
thanks diane and cristo
My mum was born there .My Grandad had a house there.Dunne,Sudlow Beech,McNamara,Williams,Mercer,were some of the familys my mum has mentioned...My uncle Charlie Lane had the scrapyard op by Green Lane station.
Does anyone have any info/photographs regarding the Gypsies that settled?camped in Rockferry in the 1940s..? My Great grandma was one of that band.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral