Forums
Posted By: TommyO Curlew Way Moreton Childrens'Home - 7th May 2012 6:56am
This use to be the Childrens' Home in Curlew Way, Moreton. It's now a home for the disabled.

I was there back in 60s. Anyone else out there been there or lived near it?

Attached picture IMG_0987.JPG
Posted By: scousemouse Re: Curlew Way Moreton Childrens'Home - 7th May 2012 12:50pm
I was there in the 80S think it was auntie Sheila ran it
Posted By: lauralou2 Re: Curlew Way Moreton Childrens'Home - 7th May 2012 4:04pm
yer i used hang round there years ago i remember a lad called billy and his mate was caled ian i think!!this was late 80,s!!haha good times
Posted By: TommyO Re: Curlew Way Moreton Childrens'Home - 8th May 2012 9:51am
Mrs Foster ran it in the 60s
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Curlew Way Moreton Childrens'Home - 8th May 2012 10:56am
THERE WAS A GIRL IN MY CLASS CALLED GERALDINE IN 79/80 FROM IT. WE WERE IN THE SCHOOL OVER THE ROAD. MAX
Posted By: chriskay Re: Curlew Way Moreton Childrens'Home - 8th May 2012 3:37pm
Caps lock on Max?
Posted By: TommyO Re: Curlew Way Moreton Childrens'Home - 9th May 2012 10:53am
do you know when it stopped being a childrens' home Max1967?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Curlew Way Moreton Childrens'Home - 10th May 2012 2:36pm
sorry just getting back to you now, no we left for senior school in 81 and belive it or not the next time i heard of her was in the liverpool echo about 90, can you belive she was involved in a bank robbery. now i thought i was being a bit bold at the time having a big white wedding in 89 and moving back in with me mam and dad after just 6 months. no, she had topped me with her headlines for sure lol . max
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Curlew Way Moreton Childrens'Home - 10th May 2012 2:45pm
sorry got carried away there, as for the home, i have no idea what happend to it or how long it lasted after that. max
Posted By: TommyO Re: Curlew Way Moreton Childrens'Home - 11th May 2012 10:10am
No probs Max1967 !!
Posted By: marty99fred Re: Curlew Way Moreton Childrens'Home - 11th May 2012 12:24pm
According to my 'contact' it was in use as a Children's Home from late 1951 until the end of March 1995.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Curlew Way Moreton Childrens'Home - 11th May 2012 2:51pm
tommy looked at your profile is that melbourne down under? max
Posted By: Tilly Re: Curlew Way Moreton Childrens'Home - 11th May 2012 10:35pm
I grew up in Curlew way, and we always played with the kids from the childrens home. One lad ran away and wanted to stay at our house..his name was Tommy Lowe, he's still a good friend now too..
Posted By: TommyO Re: Curlew Way Moreton Childrens'Home - 14th May 2012 11:32am
Certainly is Max1967
Posted By: TommyO Re: Curlew Way Moreton Childrens'Home - 14th May 2012 11:33am
Thanks Tilly..I dont know why he wanted to run away, I thought it waa great!!
Posted By: TommyO Re: Curlew Way Moreton Childrens'Home - 14th May 2012 11:34am
Thanks marty grin
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Curlew Way Moreton Childrens'Home - 14th May 2012 7:04pm
wow, iam impressed. you must be like me, you love being that bit closer to home through this? do you love the pics people put up? i was home at easter, how about yourself? max
Posted By: TommyO Re: Curlew Way Moreton Childrens'Home - 15th May 2012 9:27am
Hi max
We went back last June/July for 6 weeks and travelled around a bit!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Curlew Way Moreton Childrens'Home - 15th May 2012 11:01am
of course i only have a bit of water inbetween, 3 hours on a boat, thats enough for me. i enjoy getting back, but as much as i miss it, i enjoy coming home to ireland. my nan lived in curlew way, so i probably, un knowen to me played with other kids from the home. its been lovely chatting, will catch up with you on other sites. maxine
Posted By: Brad09 Re: Curlew Way Moreton Childrens'Home - 20th May 2014 9:40am
What was it called?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral