Forums
Posted By: staceyd86 How to find history of my house? - 28th Mar 2012 12:09pm
I live in pensby kings drive found a name carved in floor it says a name hard to make out can see date tho says 1957. Would love to know who wrote it. Some may think im sad lol maybe i am who cares.If anone can help plz let me know. Thanks
Posted By: bert1 Re: How to find history of my house? - 28th Mar 2012 12:19pm
Probably put there by the joiner who laid the floor. It use to happen quite a lot, when I first moved in to my house 38 years ago and I renewed my windows, the originals were signed and dated by the fist person who put them in. I in turn signed, dated and nailed a penny to he new one's I put in, the only trouble was I took them out and renewed them again, so no great joy in finding out who put them in.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: How to find history of my house? - 28th Mar 2012 1:50pm
I found It interesting when I used to work on old houses all the names and dates on the walls over the years beneath the wallpaper.
Thinking back to how it must of been years ago with no television or games consoles, people didn't have as much as we have now.

What became of those people?

Where are they now?

Like the names in the rocks in the new Brighton smugglers caves going back years or the bidston tunnels.

It is interesting.

smile

You can find the history of your house by going to the archives.
You can also try searching the names on google or your house address.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

happy
Posted By: staceyd86 Re: How to find history of my house? - 29th Mar 2012 9:29am
Cheers i will i didnt mention dat the name was out side in my bk gsrden by a grid
Posted By: chris58 Re: How to find history of my house? - 30th Mar 2012 5:20pm
Birkenhead library have the directories of all the streets in wirral you just ask for the years you want and find the address
© Wirral-Wikiwirral