Forums
Hi,both my children go to Bidston Avenue Primary School,and I know it's a very long shot. But it's celebrating being open 90 years next year. And the school would like to celebrate it. We are looking for as much information regarding the school over the years. Like what the school was like all those years ago, old school uniforms, etc. I'm sure you get the idea.

Thanks for any help!!
Maisie
Back in 2005, this appeared in "Friends Reunited"

"My name is Jane Tucker, I am a teacher at Bidston Avenue Primary School.Together, with Y6 children, I am working on a filming project about the history of the school and to help with this I am contacting past pupils hoping they would like to join in. We will be interviewing people during the week of 20th June 2005, will you be available to come in and take a trip down memory lane? We would be very grateful for anything you have to offer. If you are able to contribute, you can contact me at school, 0151 652 1594 or e-mail [email protected]
If you cannot make it in person, e-mail or letters would be appreciated!
We look forward to hearing from you.
Jane"

Any use?
Originally Posted by PlasticScouser
Back in 2005, this appeared in "Friends Reunited"

"My name is Jane Tucker, I am a teacher at Bidston Avenue Primary School.Together, with Y6 children, I am working on a filming project about the history of the school and to help with this I am contacting past pupils hoping they would like to join in. We will be interviewing people during the week of 20th June 2005, will you be available to come in and take a trip down memory lane? We would be very grateful for anything you have to offer. If you are able to contribute, you can contact me at school, 0151 652 1594 or e-mail [email protected]
If you cannot make it in person, e-mail or letters would be appreciated!
We look forward to hearing from you.
Jane"

Any use?

Ahhh Jane Tucker, she is still actually a teacher at the school, she was my son's teacher last year in year 5. Looks like I need to speak to her then.

Thanks!
Maise,
when I was there the uniform was basically the same but the head at the time Mrs Rodgers did not enforce the wearing of uniform so summer dresses for example were not just red they were any colour and not necessarily even school dresses. uniform was red tie white shirt and grey skirt/cardi and trousers for boys. PE was blue shorts and white polo, funny tho, we entered an athletics comp and were given green shorts and yellow polo and were told this was school colours??
This thread may help.

https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums...n_Avenue_Primary_Hospita.html#Post365151
Thanks Bert.

Very interesting stuff!!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral