Forums
Posted By: clevercookie57 house history - 14th Nov 2011 5:27pm
i now live in a house at the bottom of thorburn rd its now riverside property i was told it was a sea captains house but cant find any history,its just around the corner from what used to be the buffs club,sorry no pics can anyone help
Posted By: poodlepup Re: house history - 14th Nov 2011 5:34pm
There's a sea captains house on the corner of the esplanade.
Posted By: SUExx Re: house history - 14th Nov 2011 5:35pm
Originally Posted by veronicaburnell
i now live in a house at the bottom of thorburn rd its now riverside property i was told it was a sea captains house but cant find any history,its just around the corner from what used to be the buffs club,sorry no pics can anyone help

Does your house have a big rounded bay window
Posted By: clevercookie57 Re: house history - 16th Nov 2011 4:24pm
sorry no,there are several 1950 houses which apparantly built when the gardens were sold off and i beleive the stretched into the dell,before the council built on the land,ive tried to find pics of the are but the rd must have been renamed at some time,any help would be appreciated
Posted By: MerseyMan Re: house history - 16th Nov 2011 8:20pm
Interesting stuff, will have a look into it myself. My mail round includes Thorburn rd and the Esplanades.
Posted By: clevercookie57 Re: house history - 20th Nov 2011 3:49pm
cheers merseyman,you probably deliver to me if anyone has any pics,would appriecated also interested in rock lane west to rock park,grew up in bedford rd,and remember the park lodge,toll house so any help would be good ta.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral