Forums
Posted By: Erainn Bikers, Shotton: A Birkenhead Connection? - 10th Sep 2011 10:23pm
Not sure which section of the site this belongs to, but here goes...looking for information, memories, pictures relating to a pub in Shotton called The Central Hotel. A chap from Liverpool was asking me about it, during his recollections of being in a motorcycle club during the early 1970s. Seems it had a few members from Birkenhead who made a weekly bike ride there, any help on this would be most welcome
If that's the one right by the bridge then it was a regular haunt for bikers from the Wirral, been there a few times in the 70's.

PB
Posted By: Erainn Re: Bikers, Shotton: A Birkenhead Connection? - 21st Sep 2011 11:28pm
Hi, It may well be, was told it had a biggish car park at the back, from which a door lead into the pub, think the period would be circa 1972.
The car park belonged to the station IIRC, but it didn't stop us from parking on it.

I remember two M/C clubs of that era, Devils diciples and the Comancheros.

PB

Posted By: Erainn Re: Bikers, Shotton: A Birkenhead Connection? - 27th Sep 2011 9:40pm
Thanks for that smile Shall ask my friend if he recalls those names
Posted By: charlie123 Re: Bikers, Shotton: A Birkenhead Connection? - 27th Aug 2016 8:58pm
Hello Erainn,i was wondering if you could email me at [email protected] regarding a small bit of information about the bike club and the central hotel,cheers.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral