Forums
Posted By: Agedspread Street Furniture etc - 7th Sep 2011 3:14pm
This is my first posting, so please excuse me if I'm repeating earlier stuff. I am trying to build up a database of photographs of old street furniture etc (predominantly grids as cast iron lasts a long time!) bearing the names of the extinct arms of local government and utilities in the area. I have all the immediately pre-1974 Councils, although I would like some with 'Hoylake UDC' rather than 'HUDC', but would like to know if there are any Bromborough UDC/Higher Bebington UDC/Lower Bebington UDC/Bebington UDC (1934-1937 before Bebington became a Borough)/ West Kirby & Hoylake Urban District (1894–97).

Also there are some very old water utility pieces with 'BWW' and 'TWW' on them; I am assuming these are Birkenhead Water Works and Tranmere Water Works respectively. Can anyone confirm this? Does anyone know of a source giving the chronology of the water supply companies and their catchment areas?
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Street Furniture etc - 7th Sep 2011 3:20pm
There's a thread on this somewhere...

https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/342673/1/Old_Wirral_Street_Furniture.html

and welcome to Wiki! smile
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Street Furniture etc - 8th Sep 2011 8:33pm
Do we not already have a thread for this?
Posted By: uptoncx Re: Street Furniture etc - 8th Sep 2011 10:19pm

Topic locked.

Please post pictures and information relating to Street Furniture in the "Old Wirral Street Furniture" topic in the History Forum here.

© Wirral-Wikiwirral