Forums
Posted By: kswinds ww2 holt hill army/airforce barracks??? - 29th Jul 2011 9:55pm
hi - im trying to help my mum trace her dad - we have been told that there was an army/airforce barracks on or near holt hill tranmere during the war - has anyone any clues to point us in the right direction

many thanks
Posted By: Expat Re: ww2 holt hill army/airforce barracks??? - 29th Jul 2011 10:05pm
One for you Bezzy, can you help?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: ww2 holt hill army/airforce barracks??? - 29th Jul 2011 10:05pm
If you are trying to trace family, contact Manxcat, he has traced about 20 odd members of his family these last 6 months. Bit of an expert.
Posted By: hoseman Re: ww2 holt hill army/airforce barracks??? - 30th Jul 2011 7:31am
There was an Anti Aircraft battery stationed up there, by or in the convent walls i think. I read somewhere they had to pull down part of the playground wall to get the gun in! My mum remembers the wall being unsafe when she went to school there just after the war.
This thread has all been posted before in the history section a long while back, sure the MODS would be able to ressurect it for you.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral