Forums
Posted By: Erainn Dazed And Confused @ The Oasis - 30th Jan 2011 2:13pm
Anyone recall an early 70s club, think it was called 'The Oasis', possibly on Park Road West. It played rock music and attracted anyone carrying long hair and a dazed grin.
Posted By: bob_smith Re: Dazed And Confused @ The Oasis - 30th Jan 2011 8:18pm
Myself and my mates used to go there every week for the "rock night". I think that it was on a Thursday but could be wrong. It was in the basement of one of the big detached victorian houses in Park Road West.
They had a resident band which were very good. I can't remember the name of the band but I can remember the name of some of the members even though it's a long time ago.
One incident that I remember vividly is when some git pinched my dad's Reliant 3 wheeler from the car park of the club after I borrowed it and the police found it next morning parked very neatly in a car park by the ABC cinema.
There were another couple of Rock clubs which we used to go to after the Oasis. One was the Lamplight in Poulton Road Wallasey and another was the Empress in New Brighton.
I had some great times in all of them.
Thanks for the reminder.
Posted By: Erainn Re: Dazed And Confused @ The Oasis - 30th Jan 2011 8:56pm
Most welcome. Think you are bang on with Thursday nights and the very large Victorian house setting. Seem to recall it was a fairly small place, and one of only a handful that played rock music, including of course The Empress.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral