Forums
Posted By: atw1960 old pubs - 13th Jan 2011 11:44pm
In the mid sixties I lived in Crown Street (roughly where Exmouth Gardens is now).I think there was a pub at each end of the street The Raven at one end but I can't remember the pub at the other end . I think it may have been called The Crown but I'm not too sure.Really enjoyed living down there-I was only a nipper but had a ball with me and my mates declaring 'war' on the kids from Fore Street and watching the fights outside the pubs on Saturday nights . We used to go to the joke shop around the corner and up to the chippy, either Johnny's or Quilt's (not sure about the name of the second one - I think it was near the top of Bentinck Street).
Posted By: arsenal Re: old pubs - 14th Jan 2011 7:28pm
the other pub was known as "the little house".the landlady was called may and she had a bad leg.there was a small chippy at the bottom of bentinck called joe's .there was one at the top of the street on the left going up but i dont know the name.i also used to have "fights" round fore street with the jennings lads and the gillison's happy days
Posted By: Mogzie Re: old pubs - 29th Apr 2011 7:35pm
I'm afraid the Raven public house was in Exmouth Street not far from Bentinck Street. I once lived opposite in 25 Exmouth Street in the 50s.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral