Forums
Posted By: cathcart booing and jeering at the rovers - 10th Jan 2011 5:08pm
as a supporter for 56 years i was disgusted at the attitude of the so called supporters at prenton park v walsall on saturday. its been happening for a few seasons now,they booed the team off .your not watching barcelona , your watching your local team. get behind the lads,theyre doing their best,les is having to borrow left right and centre. iff you want to blame someone blame the chairman for not giving money for players.
Posted By: chriskay Re: booing and jeering at the rovers - 10th Jan 2011 7:20pm
Note to self: prepare to receive abuse.
I was raised within 100 yards of Prenton Park. Because I was so brilliant at Well Lane school, I often won prizes of a ticket to watch the Rovers. I always went of course, but all I can remember is being cold, wet & not being able to see much. I think it was that which put me off football for life, that & the fact that we played Rugby at school, although I didn't enjoy that either. Cricket is really my game.
Posted By: bert1 Re: booing and jeering at the rovers - 10th Jan 2011 8:22pm
The best thing to do if any supporters boo at Tranmere, is ban both of them.
Posted By: cathcart Re: booing and jeering at the rovers - 10th Jan 2011 10:12pm
nice one bert
Posted By: inflatablebone Re: booing and jeering at the rovers - 11th Jan 2011 12:24pm
I was there on Saturday , I didn't boo and wouldn't condone it, but the way the team lost a 3-1 lead was very disappointing. The fact that Walsall equalised right on the final whistle probably meant that the boos were an indication of frustration rather than anything more deep seated.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: booing and jeering at the rovers - 11th Jan 2011 2:26pm
If you pay that much money to watch a match you are entitled to vent your frustration in any non violent form you feel is warranted, that's what football is for, to let it all out. My blood pressure won't take a match anymore that's how frustrated I get. If they players can't take it then they should take up chess.
Posted By: delerious Re: booing and jeering at the rovers - 11th Jan 2011 8:36pm
I have to agree with Cathcart that the supporters are not being fair to the players and management - it was very frustrating last Saturday to watch the rovers play a good game only for it to be snatched away from them in the dying minutes.

And yes, the chairman should part with money to boost the team with new players - he even stood feet away from where I sit before the match last Saturday and virtually ignored the people who buy the season tickets and keep him in a job!!
Posted By: chris58 Re: booing and jeering at the rovers - 12th Jan 2011 8:40pm
my grandson was mascot at the match on bank holiday monday against carlisle. The players, manager and everyone else involved with the club gave him a fantastic day to remember. Nothing was too much trouble for anyone. It made an 8 year old a very happy lad with memories to last a lifetime!
Posted By: cathcart Re: booing and jeering at the rovers - 12th Jan 2011 9:13pm
thats typical of the club they will do anything for fans. thats why everyone should back them. its birkenheads club not johnsons.
Posted By: inflatablebone Re: booing and jeering at the rovers - 12th Jan 2011 10:38pm
It's thanks to Peter Johnson that Tranmere is still in existence , he has personally backed the club to the tune of £6m . Last year the club lost £1.2m , this year it broke even by cutting back ....i don't think you can blame the guy for not wanting to throw any more money at the club. Maybe more clubs should try to live within their means.

Anyway this isn't really the right forum for this......
Posted By: cathcart Re: booing and jeering at the rovers - 13th Jan 2011 6:06am
you will find that mr johnson only puts debts against his name he will never lose any money. ask everton whay they threw him out before they went bump. and i cant understand why you say this isnt the right forum,its for discussion on all subjects of interest.
Posted By: inflatablebone Re: booing and jeering at the rovers - 13th Jan 2011 12:28pm
I guess we'll have to disagree over this.

Re the forum ,I meant it wasn't really one for the History threads , more one for Sport/Leisure
Posted By: dingle Re: booing and jeering at the rovers - 22nd Jan 2011 2:32am
My daughter and her husband visited Birkenhead about 3-4 years ago. They went to my St and photographed the house and the St sign. They went up to Prenton Park(it was during the week) and told them her dad was a longtime supporter and was living in AussieLand and could the take some photos of the ground. Well they could not do enough for them. Great photos and great service. Go you White Boys!!!
Nurse, nurse is that my medica......
Posted By: Sanchez Re: booing and jeering at the rovers - 22nd Jan 2011 2:18pm
Originally Posted by chriskay
Note to self: prepare to receive abuse.
I was raised within 100 yards of Prenton Park. Because I was so brilliant at Well Lane school, I often won prizes of a ticket to watch the Rovers. I always went of course, but all I can remember is being cold, wet & not being able to see much. I think it was that which put me off football for life, that & the fact that we played Rugby at school, although I didn't enjoy that either. Cricket is really my game.

Thats pretty much my story too, although I didnt win much at school, just went the odd tramere game.....wish I could claim bk those hours!
Posted By: yewgarth Re: booing and jeering at the rovers - 22nd Jan 2011 2:23pm
Originally Posted by bert1
The best thing to do if any supporters boo at Tranmere, is ban both of them.

eh, my son's one of them two!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral