Forums
Posted By: cathcart old street signs - 6th Jan 2011 5:18pm
has anyone ever tried to purchase an old street sign off the council. i tried to buy the old marion street sign off argyle street. the council said iff i bought one of the new plastic ones i could have the old one. they wanted over 300 pounds. i cant understand why they wouldnt just give me the old one as they will have to put a new one up one day anyway .i think its just greed.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: old street signs - 6th Jan 2011 7:14pm
I told you on your last post to just take it!
You've paid for it in taxes anyway and all they will do is scrap it!
Those new plastic ones are tacky and expensive. Waste of money.
Posted By: buddy Re: old street signs - 6th Jan 2011 7:37pm
Approx 1970 I worked in Bolton and a friend came to visit me at work - asked to borrow a stool - came back with the name of the next street "Apple Street" - removed it in broad daylight!!! - he was of course a huge beatles fan
Posted By: Helles Re: old street signs - 6th Jan 2011 7:59pm
There is a Birkenhead (street?) right opposite Kings Cross station if anyone fancies it. Bit of a red light area last time I was wandering around there. Waiting for a train honest gov! laugh
Posted By: gypsyjune Re: old street signs - 6th Jan 2011 8:57pm
say nothing and just take it and if they twig you were interested in it deny it
Posted By: bobi1 Re: old street signs - 7th Jan 2011 1:55am
Originally Posted by _Ste_

Why encourage folk to break the law when you take offence when the odd poster goes over the speed limit? You're a prick, Ste. Before you retort, I don't give a ....
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: old street signs - 8th Jan 2011 12:36pm
raftl
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: old street signs - 8th Jan 2011 1:24pm
Originally Posted by bobi1
Originally Posted by _Ste_

Why encourage folk to break the law when you take offence when the odd poster goes over the speed limit? You're a prick, Ste. Before you retort, I don't give a ....

WTF are you babbling on about?
When have I EVER taken offence about anything? Especially speeding? raftl I speed everywhere so couldn't give 2 sh*ts about anyone else doing it!
RAT! Shouldn't you be down the jobcentre looking for work instead of sitting on your ass scrounging?
Btw, yeah I am a prick but at least I admit it wink
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: old street signs - 8th Jan 2011 1:44pm
Originally Posted by bobi1
This happened in June, like I said earlier, I no longer use this site. I came across this thread as it is on my watched topic list still. I don't expect you to go back that far in your logs especially for someone who no longer contributes to the site, but I wanted you to know that some posts have been deleted without good reason, and that is the reason I no longer contribute to this site.

You still here?
Now you know why your posts were deleted!
Your carnt go throwing abuse around and expect it to stay up!
Ta tarrr hi
Posted By: Anonymous Re: old street signs - 8th Jan 2011 1:57pm
lmao!!! raftl
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: old street signs - 8th Jan 2011 2:51pm
More, More.

bananalove
© Wirral-Wikiwirral