Forums
Posted By: cathcart old bus garage laird street - 5th Jan 2011 6:18am
does anybody have photos of the old bus garage in laird street. i just cant remember how it looked in the 50s, i have the models of old buses and would like to have a model of the garage.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: old bus garage laird street - 8th Jan 2011 11:54am
worked there myself in the late 60's, early 70's and remember it with great affection because that is what nostalgia does, weird. Hope some photies do come to light.
Posted By: MissGuided Re: old bus garage laird street - 8th Jan 2011 2:09pm
anyone remember a teenage lad falling off the roof?

i worked in a nursing home on Ashville Rd and one of the 'inmates' was there because he had fallen off the depot roof and became brain-damaged. He had epilepsy too. He was foul-mouthed and randy (difficult to bath). Had a fantastic sense of humour and could be really sweet. Must have been in his early 40s when I was there and that was back in about 1995, meaning he fell off sometime in early 70s.
Posted By: BettyTurnip1 Re: old bus garage laird street - 8th Jan 2011 10:10pm
Originally Posted by Snooze
anyone remember a teenage lad falling off the roof?

i worked in a nursing home on Ashville Rd and one of the 'inmates' was there because he had fallen off the depot roof and became brain-damaged. He had epilepsy too. He was foul-mouthed and randy (difficult to bath). Had a fantastic sense of humour and could be really sweet. Must have been in his early 40s when I was there and that was back in about 1995, meaning he fell off sometime in early 70s.

I too worked in a mental health unit in Ashville rd, from 1997-2003 when it closed, i think i know who you talkin about.. also a heavy smoker any nearly blind? Quite 'gropey' too?! he grabbed our nurse-in-charges thigh once when we were assisting him into bed- he wasnt very happy! Ha! Yes he was quite a character.. Believe he fell off that roof twice!
Posted By: MissGuided Re: old bus garage laird street - 9th Jan 2011 12:29am
Yes Bettie. Was his name Eddie or something like that?
I was given the task of bathing him once. I think they asked me for a laugh. I was only about 18/19 years old and only used to do nights. They asked me to do a couple of days too. One morning that was my task.

I wonder who else you might remember. PM me lol
Posted By: BettyTurnip1 Re: old bus garage laird street - 9th Jan 2011 1:07am
Hi Snooze, am new to this an Iv just tried to pm you, but I dont know if you got it, it said Iv reached my limit on pms but I dont know how as Iv never tried to send one b4, sorry.. stuck now!
Posted By: nightwalker Re: old bus garage laird street - 12th Jan 2011 2:58pm
Is this the place?

Attached picture Laird street.jpg
Attached picture 19041.jpg
Posted By: cathcart Re: old bus garage laird street - 12th Jan 2011 9:16pm
yes but im looking for old photos,thanks.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral