Forums
Posted By: FRANKIE The claypits on Gorsedale road - 29th Dec 2010 2:30am
Any recollections of the claypits at the bottom of Gorsedale Road and the boat yard in Gorsey Lane, Wallasey,
I remember catching stickle backs, knewts, leaches and frogs, in the claypits when at Goresdale school, Thanks.
Posted By: buddy Re: The claypits on Gorsedale road - 29th Dec 2010 9:11am
Certainly do Frankie - early 50's for me!!!
Posted By: piedpiper31785 Re: The claypits on Gorsedale road - 29th Dec 2010 11:20am
i was a pupil at gorsedale school in the 60,s do you rember the flouermills on fire opposite the claypits.
Posted By: FRANKIE Re: The claypits on Gorsedale road - 29th Dec 2010 1:54pm
Thanks, the reason Im asking is I can't remember how we used to access the claypits, which side of gorsedale road was it? and where was the entrance? I believe the tunnel workings had alot to do with its demise,
I left Gorsedale in the middle 50s, (giving my age away here!)
and I do remember the spillers fire,
I use to attend the metal work classes (the Prefab Huts) in the grounds of Somerville Girls School, we built a working model of a dock crane we could see from the class window, it was a work of art, I often wonder what happened to it,

I think the boat yard used to be on Gorsey Lane about where Somerville girls school used to be, later a Wirral Met College and now the Willow Court project,
I remember visiting the yard and wondering why it was so far from the sea,

© Wirral-Wikiwirral