Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Crow's Foot Inn - 3rd Dec 2010 2:14pm
Hey guys,

I received an e-mail from English Heritage :

At English Heritage we are asked to assess buildings for possible listed status. One building which has been put forward for listing is a small timber framed building west of White House Farm in Raby. The building would appear to be perhaps a farm building, but is purported to be a former inn, the Crow's Foot Inn and to date before the Wheatsheaf Inn. I have a copy of your articles 'Villages of the Wirral', and I wonder if you might know any more about the former Crow's Foot Inn, or if you can confirm that the building was originally a pub?

Any information would be greatly appreciated,

Regards,

Hannah Saxton

Any relevant info or evidence would be quite valuable. For once, we can list a building! My article appeared in the Heswall Community magazine and made referrence to the Wheatsheaf Inn being dated as 1611.

Thanks in advance

Posted By: davew3 Re: Crow's Foot Inn - 3rd Dec 2010 2:40pm
Know the place you mean the one in Willowbrow rd/the Crossway it's residential,I would have thought that would have been grade IIIIIIIIIII listed ages ago laugh .
There is another stone building in a field by the Raby rd to Thornton Hough/Raby Mere rd opposite the Wheatsheaf,but I have never checked out,went by the place today.
I think it's not to far from the HAA site Raby (heavy anti aircraft site) just down the road.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral