Forums
Posted By: mrhanky tower ground photo's-weighing scales - 2nd Dec 2010 8:27am
bit of a long shot, but has anyone got a pic showing the weighing scales that you sat on, think they were just inside the entrance?
Posted By: Helles Re: tower ground photo's-weighing scales - 3rd Dec 2010 8:10pm
No photograph but I know where the scales are now. Think they are extremely rare. My uncle and aunt own them and ran that place. Jockey scales they are called and all brass.

The stall was part of the Walls Icecream building at the bottom of the slope of the tower grounds. Right in the corner of the prom.
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: tower ground photo's-weighing scales - 3rd Dec 2010 8:13pm
Flippin' 'eck!!!
Posted By: mrhanky Re: tower ground photo's-weighing scales - 3rd Dec 2010 11:50pm
Originally Posted by Helles
No photograph but I know where the scales are now. Think they are extremely rare. My uncle and aunt own them and ran that place. Jockey scales they are called and all brass.

The stall was part of the Walls Icecream building at the bottom of the slope of the tower grounds. Right in the corner of the prom.

we must be related then, my nan and grandad have still got them, as far as i know anyway!!
Posted By: kimpri Re: tower ground photo's-weighing scales - 4th Dec 2010 12:46am
Originally Posted by mrhanky
Originally Posted by Helles

we must be related then, my nan and grandad have still got them, as far as i know anyway!!
Go and visit them take some camerawhile your there smile
Posted By: mrhanky Re: tower ground photo's-weighing scales - 4th Dec 2010 9:56am
was looking for photos when they were at the tower grounds still.
plus i doubt i would even be able to get to them to see them, they are burried away still from what my nan has said!!

who are you by the way?
Posted By: Helles Re: tower ground photo's-weighing scales - 4th Dec 2010 11:06am
Originally Posted by mrhanky
was looking for photos when they were at the tower grounds still.
plus i doubt i would even be able to get to them to see them, they are burried away still from what my nan has said!!

who are you by the way?

I'll go along with that because the last time I asked her she said something like Oh they are somewhere? When you consider they are probably worth a fortune that is one hell of a statement. I'm probably your second cousin. grin
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: tower ground photo's-weighing scales - 4th Dec 2010 1:17pm
Oh this is all very exciting.Can we all be invited to witness you seeing each other for the first time? A bit like Cilla used to do!!!!
Posted By: Helles Re: tower ground photo's-weighing scales - 4th Dec 2010 1:40pm
Originally Posted by Bezzymate
Oh this is all very exciting.Can we all be invited to witness you seeing each other for the first time? A bit like Cilla used to do!!!!

Don't think it will be a meeting for the first time and if it is who I think it is we live within a couple of roads of each other. Plus I will be doing some work at his mothers tomorrow.

On another note, just seen my aunt in Liscard and mentioned the scales. Told me they still had them.
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: tower ground photo's-weighing scales - 4th Dec 2010 1:47pm
Oh well we shall just have to look forward to seeing a pic of the scales!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: tower ground photo's-weighing scales - 4th Dec 2010 1:51pm
Woot! laugh
Originally Posted by Bezzymate
Oh well we shall just have to look forward to seeing a pic of the scales!

clap
© Wirral-Wikiwirral