Forums
Posted By: tigertiger1953 HITLER'S SECRETARY - 10th Nov 2010 8:22pm
Does anyone know that one of the secretaries from Hitler's bunker ended her days in Wallasey?
Posted By: nightwalker Re: HITLER'S SECRETARY - 10th Nov 2010 8:57pm
Remember reading about this somewhere. I think her name was Else Kruger and she was Martin Bormann's secretary. She was supposed to take cyanide with the rest of them in the bunker but didn't.

After the war she was captured by the British and interrogated by (I think) an officer by the surname of James who she married in Wallasey about 1947/8. No idea where they lived or when she died.

Posted By: tigertiger1953 Re: HITLER'S SECRETARY - 10th Nov 2010 9:10pm
Nightwalker that's brilliant! I had forgotten her name. All your other details are spot on and she lived in ...I think Prospect Vale. The interrogating officer passed her through security unnoticed as he had other intentions. No one knew about her until the 80's mayvbe when they were both dead. Thanks for that!
Posted By: nightwalker Re: HITLER'S SECRETARY - 10th Nov 2010 9:15pm
Just had a look at the marriage index and Else M Kruger married Leslie James in Wallasey in the October quarter of 1947.
Posted By: Capt_America Re: HITLER'S SECRETARY - 10th Nov 2010 10:48pm
Fascinating.
Posted By: LisaW Re: HITLER'S SECRETARY - 11th Nov 2010 7:18am
Copied from here

I've edited it in parts. Great story though.

Re: Bormann secretary

Else Margarethe Kruger
Was aged 32 when she married Leslie James, A university lecturer, at Wallasey on 23rd December 1947.
both residing at 'Ivy Cottage' Green Lane Wallasey.
Leslie James was an inteligence officer responsible for debriefing at the end of the war, and also aged 32 at the time of the marriage
Else kruger was the son of Gustav Kruger a Motor Agent.
Leslie James was the son of Arthur James, deceased at time of marriage, strangly the marriage certificate states in one column that he is deceased and in another that he is Greengrocer (retired).

Leslie James was my father's (Frederick eldest son) younger brother, and acordingly my uncle.

In the 1980's Else was living in Cambridgeshire, and as mentioned by another, later returned to Germany.
I have heard that her story has been writen for release posthumously, but have no further details in this regard

Posted By: Tatey Re: HITLER'S SECRETARY - 11th Nov 2010 10:02am
Does anyone know which house "Ivy Cottage" in Green Lane was?
Posted By: Helles Re: HITLER'S SECRETARY - 11th Nov 2010 10:09am
Originally Posted by Tatey
Does anyone know which house "Ivy Cottage" in Green Lane was?

Assume Green Lane Wallasey Village? Wasn't there another green lane alongside New Brighton football club off Molyneux drive?

Don't think Hitler did sex as he only had one (allegedly)? laugh
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: HITLER'S SECRETARY - 11th Nov 2010 11:24am
Originally Posted by LisaW
Copied from here

I've edited it in parts. Great story though.

Re: Bormann secretary

Else Margarethe Kruger
Was aged 32 when she married Leslie James, A university lecturer, at Wallasey on 23rd December 1947.
both residing at 'Ivy Cottage' Green Lane Wallasey.
Leslie James was an inteligence officer responsible for debriefing at the end of the war, and also aged 32 at the time of the marriage
Else kruger was the son of Gustav Kruger a Motor Agent.
Leslie James was the son of Arthur James, deceased at time of marriage, strangly the marriage certificate states in one column that he is deceased and in another that he is Greengrocer (retired).

Leslie James was my father's (Frederick eldest son) younger brother, and acordingly my uncle.

In the 1980's Else was living in Cambridgeshire, and as mentioned by another, later returned to Germany.
I have heard that her story has been writen for release posthumously, but have no further details in this regard

nice find lisa cool
Posted By: tigertiger1953 Re: HITLER'S SECRETARY - 11th Nov 2010 12:14pm
It's the Wallasey Village one. I always mix up Prospect Vale and Green Lane. I think the house is still there. If I remember right it is a cottage style property that faces gable end to the road.
Posted By: Tatey Re: HITLER'S SECRETARY - 12th Nov 2010 8:52am
Originally Posted by tigertiger1953
It's the Wallasey Village one. I always mix up Prospect Vale and Green Lane. I think the house is still there. If I remember right it is a cottage style property that faces gable end to the road.

Out of curiosity I must have a look today. I lived in Stanley Avenue for years & there is a lane behind that leads to Hillam Rd. At the end of the lane is a detatched house we used to play in as kids. There used to be an old lady lived there called Mrs. Buckley who kept hundreds of cats. Just wondering if same house?
Posted By: Tatey Re: HITLER'S SECRETARY - 12th Nov 2010 9:14am
Just had a though --- I think Ivy Cottage is at the start of Green Lane, near the Lighthouse pub end & I used to know an old bloke that lived there years ago.
Posted By: kimpri Re: HITLER'S SECRETARY - 12th Nov 2010 9:43am
Else Kruger,

Attached picture Krüger Else.jpg
© Wirral-Wikiwirral