Forums
Posted By: fitzybeast Bebington Golf Club - 6th Nov 2010 7:54pm
Does anyone have any information or pictures of Bebington Golf Club? In the history section on the website for Brakenwood golf club Link it says the Bebington course closed in 1935.

I have been told it was between Town Lane and Kings Lane where there is now a council estate. Maybe Kings Lane playing fields were also part of it.

Any help would be appreciated.
Posted By: bri445 Re: Bebington Golf Club - 6th Nov 2010 9:04pm
There was one where the Unilever Research is now. It covered the area bounded by Quarry Rd East, St Andrew's Road, Spital Road and the railway line, though I don't know where the clubhouse was. This may have been named Port Sunlight GC as they had the Vinolia and SPD depots on the corner of Quarry Rd East and Bromborough Road.
Posted By: inflatablebone Re: Bebington Golf Club - 6th Nov 2010 11:35pm
Originally Posted by bri445
There was one where the Unilever Research is now. It covered the area bounded by Quarry Rd East, St Andrew's Road, Spital Road and the railway line, though I don't know where the clubhouse was. This may have been named Port Sunlight GC as they had the Vinolia and SPD depots on the corner of Quarry Rd East and Bromborough Road.

Yes, this was Port Sunlight GC, I was a junior member. The clubhouse was a little bit round the corner from where St.Andrews Road , joins Spital Road. There are houses there now in Blair Park. Port Sunlight GC moved to where Eastham Lodge GC is now.
Posted By: Rhoobarb Re: Bebington Golf Club - 9th Nov 2010 6:54pm
Bebington Golf Club was where the houses on Town Lane are now.

You can see if on the OS map from 1910.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral