Forums
Posted By: leelad03 Victorian Tips locations? - 5th Oct 2010 7:51pm
I was doing some metal detecting up in Childwall a while back. when we finished we were talking to a local guy who also does this hobbie, He said that i should search for old Victorian tips and try around there as we could get lucky and find something useful, Although he did say something about a Victorian tip being behind Fazakerly hospital, is this true? and id love you help to find any other locations!

Thanks..
Lee
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Victorian Tips locations? - 5th Oct 2010 8:07pm
Ooh this sounds interesting!
How can we find out where they are?
Posted By: leelad03 Re: Victorian Tips locations? - 5th Oct 2010 8:43pm
haha exactly thats the challenge haha i have been trying to look around on google but nothing. I might however email the councilk do you think they might know?
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Victorian Tips locations? - 5th Oct 2010 9:03pm
This may be of assistance...

CLICKY
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Victorian Tips locations? - 6th Oct 2010 3:52pm
Interesting site dd, but doesn't go back far enough!
Posted By: leelad03 Re: Victorian Tips locations? - 6th Oct 2010 7:24pm
thanks for the website, i have given them a email smile
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Victorian Tips locations? - 6th Oct 2010 9:20pm
Hope you get somrthing back Lee..
Posted By: leelad03 Re: Victorian Tips locations? - 13th Oct 2010 5:02pm
i did email them and they passed it onto someone else which could take up to 20 days for a reply! would love more help please laugh
Posted By: Historybook Re: Victorian Tips locations? - 16th Oct 2010 1:35pm
When i was a kid there was an old tip in Neston between church lane and the old route of the mine railway,it used to be called tank's field it was all overgrown but i can still remember finding old bottles ect, there was a stream that ran through the site and i can well remember finding an old car headlamp in the water !.
The headlamp was about until modern times but i gave it to someone, it was one that used oil or acetylene.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral