Forums
Posted By: LindaH Saint Luke’s Poulton - 28th Sep 2010 10:30am
Hello
I'm new to this site and I wonder if anyone could tell me if there is any information about a great great Uncle of mine a Robert Davies who in his will bequeathed the following:

"I bequeath to the Govenors of the Bounty of Queen Anne for the augmentation and the maintenance of the Poor Clergy the sum of THREE THOUSAND POUNDS to be applied by them for the augmentation of the Vicarage of Saint Luke’s Church in the Parish Poulton in the Borough of Wallasey in the hope that (without imposing any trust in condition or the said Governors) they will meet this present legacy with a grant or grants in augmentation of the Benefice."

He also gave money to a Reverend R D Hughes and a couple of other people in connection with the church.

I would have thought he may also be know in Wirral as he lived in Warren Drive in New Brighton which I understand to be close.

Any help would be appreciated, maybe even a phone number of someone to contact at the church maybe?

Thanks in advance
Linda

Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Saint Luke’s Poulton - 28th Sep 2010 11:50am
This doesn't answer your questions but here are a few links that may be of interest ...

Clicky1
Clicky2
Clicky3
Clicky4

The last one has a telephone number under the Contact tab.
Posted By: Capt_America Re: Saint Luke’s Poulton - 28th Sep 2010 7:00pm
Welcome to the machine © Capt America 2009
Posted By: LindaH Re: Saint Luke’s Poulton - 30th Sep 2010 7:03am
Hi diggingdeeper,
I had found this site before and I even emailed them but have never had a reply. I might get a relative to phone them instead.
Thanks
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Saint Luke’s Poulton - 30th Sep 2010 1:22pm
Sorry, I can't get in touch with them on your behalf, I wouldn't be able to hold myself back from being extremely uncivil to people that for even one second could contemplate knocking down a beautiful building like this.
Posted By: CVCVCV Re: Saint Luke’s Poulton - 30th Sep 2010 6:17pm
Can't a Church be a Listed Bulding? (If only for the fantastic brickwork!???)
Anyone who would even THINK of knocking down this beuatiful piece of history (never mind, replacing it with THAT monstrosity!!) is out of their tiny minds - it's bordering on criminal!
Haven't we lost enough already? SHEESH. Will people never learn?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral