Forums
Posted By: tigertiger1953 ESCAPED TIGERS BOROUGH ROAD - 21st Sep 2010 6:03pm
Anyone hear about the two tigers that escaped from a circus adjacent to Tranmere Rovers? It was on 27th June 1939. One called Bengal was easily recaptured but the other called Romeo jumped the hawthorn hedge that is still there and lay down in the garden of no 749. He then moved to 745 where he fell asleep apparently in the garage of 745. Oddly though I can't see any garages there only sheds. Must have been a big shed to get a tiger in. Not a B&Q 4x6 then.
Posted By: tigertiger1953 Re: ESCAPED TIGERS BOROUGH ROAD - 21st Sep 2010 6:03pm
I remember a small brown bear escaping from New Brighton zoo and ebing caught in back entry off Egerton street.
Posted By: groatski84 Re: ESCAPED TIGERS BOROUGH ROAD - 21st Sep 2010 8:02pm
i remember a story about a lizard or a snake found up a tree in birkenhead a couple years ago think it was in sum ones garden was in paper
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: ESCAPED TIGERS BOROUGH ROAD - 21st Sep 2010 8:39pm
I remember a giant gorilla that climbed Wallasey town hall and tried to catch passing planes.Or do I just think I remember.
Posted By: tigertiger1953 Re: ESCAPED TIGERS BOROUGH ROAD - 21st Sep 2010 10:28pm
No I saw that too.
Posted By: The_Doorman Re: ESCAPED TIGERS BOROUGH ROAD - 21st Sep 2010 10:32pm
Originally Posted by ludwigvan
I remember a giant gorilla that climbed Wallasey town hall and tried to catch passing planes.Or do I just think I remember.

I had a dream about that lol
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: ESCAPED TIGERS BOROUGH ROAD - 21st Sep 2010 10:40pm
Theres a horse buried at the top of Whetstone Lane from viking times. (citation needed sue or tc?) and an elephant buried at the Tower Grounds, N.B.
Posted By: tigertiger1953 Re: ESCAPED TIGERS BOROUGH ROAD - 22nd Sep 2010 9:07pm
Heard about the elephant. IN ireland it was the custom to bury a horse's head under the lounge floor.
Posted By: tigertiger1953 Re: ESCAPED TIGERS BOROUGH ROAD - 22nd Sep 2010 9:07pm
Problematic if you were in the flat upstairs.
Posted By: bert1 Re: ESCAPED TIGERS BOROUGH ROAD - 4th Apr 2023 10:08am
Just reading this old post and found that Tigers did escape.

Attached picture tigers.png
Posted By: Gillpugh Re: ESCAPED TIGERS BOROUGH ROAD - 10th Apr 2023 5:30pm
My Father who lived at Prince’s newsagents Broadway roundabout, told me that tale, he saw them
© Wirral-Wikiwirral