Forums
Posted By: gadj1 Mill Lane Hospital, Wallasey - 22nd Jul 2010 1:13pm
Hi,

I'm trying to find out what happened to my Grandfather who died in 1957 at the Mill Lane Hospital, according to the death certificate he was buried at the hospital! I need to know if this is likely to have happened and if not where would he have been buried? Also where would I have to go to get more information/see the grave?

Thanks in advance

Ian
Posted By: Hiekel_Essterol Re: Mill Lane Hospital, Wallasey - 22nd Jul 2010 1:41pm
Its a long shot for information but have you tried contacting Landican? I think they hold info on a number of graveyards. They may be able to point you in the right direction if they cant specifically help.
Posted By: OxtonHill Re: Mill Lane Hospital, Wallasey - 22nd Jul 2010 2:05pm
Hi gadj1, welcome to wikiwirral.

English Death certificates do not contain information on the place of burial, only place of Death.

If you have the death certificate ring the cemeteries office at Landican, 0151 677 2361 and they should be able to point you in the right direction. If they are of no help, re post here and I can point you in another avenue of research.
Posted By: Helles Re: Mill Lane Hospital, Wallasey - 22nd Jul 2010 3:32pm
No one is buried at Mill lane hospital. Usually Rake lane Cemetery or Landican.
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Mill Lane Hospital, Wallasey - 22nd Jul 2010 8:12pm
I agree with the above,but also could be Frankby.
Posted By: Capt_America Re: Mill Lane Hospital, Wallasey - 22nd Jul 2010 9:15pm
Welcome to the machine gadj1
Posted By: Helles Re: Mill Lane Hospital, Wallasey - 22nd Jul 2010 9:52pm
What did he die of? As far as I am aware Mill lane (Highfield) in those days was mainly a maternity hospital and serious illness/injury was treated around the corner at Victoria Central. To add to the confusion, Mill lane is now called Victoria Central, the original being demolished. Just curious!
Posted By: gadj1 Re: Mill Lane Hospital, Wallasey - 22nd Jul 2010 11:24pm
Thanks for all the welcomes and replies smile.

It was my mistake, my grandfather probably died a pauper (a long story), the person who notified the death was from the hospital and he was identifying that fact and not that he will be buried at the hospital! I've spoken to the wirral records office and will make a visit shortly to start the search for him!

Helles, the main cause of death was bronchal problems but don't know if there were any other underlying problems!

Thanks again

Ian
© Wirral-Wikiwirral