Forums
Posted By: atw1960 The Pill Box Murder - 10th May 2010 1:43pm
I suspect that this may have already been covered - but I wonder if anyone has information on this . In 1955 , the body of a woman was discovered in the pill box on the banks of the Fender - I read about it in a book called 'Murder and Mayhem on the Wirral' (I think it was called).As far as I can remember the murder was never solved.Any one Know anything about this?
Posted By: scary Re: The Pill Box Murder - 10th May 2010 5:17pm
hiMore Murder Mystery & Mayhem in Birkenhead including Wallasey & New Brighton
by David Malcolm & Ian Boumphrey
88 pages - A5
Includes the Pill Box Murder at Woodchurch in 1955 & Dr Crippen - The Merseyside Connections
OUT OF PRINT
i cant find the book right now but its in this book i will keep looking for it and no they never found the murderer
Posted By: scary Re: The Pill Box Murder - 10th May 2010 5:58pm
also the pill box was dismantled but the bace still remains there go under the woodchurch underpass once under turn right at fender river a few yards and next to the train tracks is the bace still looking for the book
Posted By: davew3 Re: The Pill Box Murder - 10th May 2010 7:23pm
Remember the pill box well,no brickwork stopping you getting in and on the railway embankment,we used to jump off the roof,we would walk along the Fender looking for jack sharps and the pill box was always a stopping point,this was way before they destroyed the origional banks of the Fender to the stop so called flooding,took us a long long time to wonder back that way again,when we did all that was left was the base,the only name I can remember and I am not sure was Alice Barton???.
Posted By: jimbob Re: The Pill Box Murder - 10th May 2010 8:50pm
Correct, it was Alice Barton who was murderd at that pill box
Posted By: Nigel Re: The Pill Box Murder - 10th May 2010 9:01pm
This story is also quoted in Tom Slemens "Haunted Liverpool 11" and is a good read! I wonder, What was the name spelt out on the ouija board that was so carefully copied down by torchlight as mentioned in the book?
Posted By: Roslynmuse Re: The Pill Box Murder - 10th May 2010 10:42pm
More here:

https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums...der_of_Alice_Barton_1955.html#Post266314
© Wirral-Wikiwirral