Forums
Posted By: plimmerian LEAY family of Magazines, Bromborough - 20th Apr 2010 12:39am
(double post!)

Just got my ancestor's death certificate (John Davies HOWARD) in Liverpool
the informant, as sister, is Jane LEAY of Magazines, Bromborough, Cheshire

1881 shows she is the wife of James LEAY living at Magazine Cottages, Bromborough, Cheshire aged 36

My grandmother was born Annie Leay ALDRIDGE (often mistaken for Leah)

Her grandmother Mary WILSON (prev BURNETT, nee HOWARD) was the daughter of John Davies HOWARD

Any details on the LEAY family welcome

Thank you.
Posted By: history Re: LEAY family of Magazines, Bromborough - 20th Apr 2010 7:40am
Heres the marriage of james Leay

Marriages Sep 1865
Howard Jane Liverpool 8b 145
Leay James Liverpool 8b 145

Liverpool, St. Michael in the City

cant find them in 1871 census yet.
Posted By: Nigel Re: LEAY family of Magazines, Bromborough - 20th Apr 2010 10:34am
Originally Posted by plimmerian
(double post!)

Just got my ancestor's death certificate (John Davies HOWARD) in Liverpool
the informant, as sister, is Jane LEAY of Magazines, Bromborough, Cheshire

1881 shows she is the wife of James LEAY living at Magazine Cottages, Bromborough, Cheshire aged 36

My grandmother was born Annie Leay ALDRIDGE (often mistaken for Leah)

Her grandmother Mary WILSON (prev BURNETT, nee HOWARD) was the daughter of John Davies HOWARD

Any details on the LEAY family welcome

Thank you.

It is amazing how much free information is on the web it is just a case of knowing were to look.
Posted By: marty99fred Re: LEAY family of Magazines, Bromborough - 20th Apr 2010 1:42pm
According to my trusty 1903 copy of Gore's Directory, there was at that time a James Leay, boatman, of Magazine Cottages, Bromborough, & a John Leay, assistant storekeeeper, at the same address.
Posted By: detsi Re: LEAY family of Magazines, Bromborough - 25th Apr 2010 7:35pm
My father in law was a James Leay. He died about 15 years ago. Lived in Seacombe all of his life.Dont know if he had any relatives in Bromborough though.
Posted By: billy_anorak59 Re: LEAY family of Magazines, Bromborough - 26th Apr 2010 7:33am
As part of my quest to find information regarding Magazine Village , I have a copy of the 1861 Census showing a Richard Leay:

Township of Bromborough
Road/Street/Name of House: Powder Magazines
Name: RICHARD LEAY
Relation to Head of Family: Head
Condition: Married
Age of: 50
Where Born: Cheshire, Bidston

Hope this helps with your research.
Cheers smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral