Forums
Posted By: DavidLittleboy New Palace - Wilkies Wonder Waltzer - 17th Aug 2009 4:24pm
Hello everyone, Does anyone remember Wilkies Wonder Waltzer or even better does anyone have any photos of it while it was inside the New Palace at New Brighton?

I now own this fantastic machine and am in the process of restoring it to its original glory as it looked back in 1938. I understand it entered the New Palace in 1950 and having spoken at length to Bill Wilkie I am told it retained its original artwork until about 1962/3 at which point it was totally repainted and from this time on remained pretty much unchanged until it left the New Palace in the 1990's.

Many thanks

David

Attached picture 00190173.jpg
Attached picture 00440924.jpg
Posted By: Wench Re: New Palace - Wilkies Wonder Waltzer - 17th Aug 2009 5:37pm
I remember it well smile Used to get a pass on a Friday and Saturday and stay on them all night. Was only a few quid and we had a ball.

So glad it has a new home where it will be loved thumbsup
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: New Palace - Wilkies Wonder Waltzer - 17th Aug 2009 5:39pm

See this thread .... Clicky
Posted By: DavidLittleboy Re: New Palace - Wilkies Wonder Waltzer - 17th Aug 2009 6:21pm
Many thanks for the link, does anyone have any photos of this lovely machine front on, side on, interior ?

Thanks

[email protected]
Posted By: DavidLittleboy Re: New Palace - Wilkies Wonder Waltzer - 22nd Oct 2009 6:21pm
I have now made contact with the Wilkie family and established that the waltzer was initially installed in New Brighton in the early 1950's at which time the waltzer was in its original 1930's decoration. It retained the early decoration until the early 1960's so my big question is does anyone have photos of the waltzer taken in New Brighton between say 1950 and 1963?

I would love to here from you directly via [email protected]

Thank you
Posted By: dougthepiano Re: New Palace - Wilkies Wonder Waltzer - 13th Feb 2013 3:38am
In similar vein. - Does anyone have a photo of Silcocks. ( Warrington) Walter that used to appear with a week of rain every April and October on the field at the back of Napier Rd every year without fail ( before the New. Ferry bypass was built on the land. ) ?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral