Forums
Posted By: mrsbees Hoylake station - 23rd Jun 2009 6:44pm
Hi does anybody have any pics of the old butty bar by hoylake station?
Posted By: uggla Re: Hoylake station - 23rd Jun 2009 7:24pm
didnt realise it had ogne is it the one that was still there in 2000 last time i went there.
Posted By: mrsbees Re: Hoylake station - 23rd Jun 2009 9:10pm
Yes its still there but somebody told me they have seen an old pic of it with men in RAF uniform outside it during the war. Would like to get a pic if I can.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Hoylake station - 27th Jul 2009 5:59pm
Do you mean this one?

Attached picture Hoylake-Station-IMG_1915-s.jpg
Posted By: mrsbees Re: Hoylake station - 14th Aug 2009 8:41pm
Yes thats the one thumbsup
Posted By: mrsbees Re: Hoylake station - 18th Aug 2009 8:06pm
But wanted to know if anybody had some old pictures of it.
Posted By: KevinFinity Re: Hoylake station - 18th Aug 2009 8:24pm
Its just a shed. Surely its not been there very long. I don't remember it being there when the land was owned by Finnegans restaurant in the 80s. The car park area it sits on the corner of was just gravel if I remember rightly. It was used as a play area for mini electric quad bikes for the kids. you had to put 10p in the slot on the side to have a go. One of them was annoyingly faster than the other.
I was however very young at the time so it is possible that the joy of playing on the battery powered bikes was enough to make me not notice the Cafe sitting there in the corner. smile

Sorry that was probably no use to you at all.
Posted By: firemanlee Re: Hoylake station - 8th Sep 2009 8:14pm
hi all im new to the site great info on here hope i can help, in response i remember finnegans well being a regular on sunday nights ! The car park where the hut is has always been there finnegans was further back on the site of the ming dynasty today and the play area was adjacent to it , hope this helps lee
© Wirral-Wikiwirral