Forums
Posted By: bigfatscouser Oak & Eldon Gardens - 21st Mar 2009 1:35am
I am trying to find as much information as possible about these flats. Any info would be a great help, whether it is about what was built on the site of them, and where people moved to following their demolition.
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Oak & Eldon Gardens - 21st Mar 2009 1:45am
https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/301757/1.html
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Oak & Eldon Gardens - 17th Jul 2009 5:30pm
Most of them were moved to the Ford Estate, remember some of the people were dead chuffed because they were at last getting their own front doors and a bit of a garden. I think it was the main reason the Ford was actually brought into being to rehouse the people from the flats.
Posted By: Linda49 Re: Oak & Eldon Gardens - 7th Aug 2009 6:31pm
My friend in the 60's lived in Eldon Gardens and her family moved to Upper Brassey Street. Her Mum used to make a mean cheese & onion & milk in the oven for when we got in after a night out - it was scrummy
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Oak & Eldon Gardens - 8th Aug 2009 3:29pm
My mates uncle lived in Eldon Gdns. He was out with his uncle and some bloke passed them with a box on his shoulders saying the butchers had been done and the fridge was open. His uncle nipped in, grabbed a box chickens and gave another to my oppo. The kids were dead chuffed on being given a chicken each for tea the next day. There was a knock on the front door, my mate calling round, and the table cloth with all the chickens was quickly grabbed up in bundle . He dashed out the door without looking and stuffed it into the rubbish chute to fall to the bins. Seeing my mate he was well dischuffed. The kids were moaning about losing their tea and their dad said don't worry I'll cook you all another one. My mate told me it was amazing and they all fell about laughing.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral