Forums
I was informed of a case from years back, 60's or 70's, where a man in Birkenhead was so overcome with grief at the death of his mother that he became insane, hooking her up to some sort of a battery in an attempt to shock the life back into her. The house it occurred at was apparently situated on the land where the big flat car park is now, Catherine Street/Coventry Street area, in the town centre.

Any one have any recollections if this actually happened?
New one on me?!
I hope this helps, The house was in Claughton Rd between Cardigan ave and Hemingford St. His mother was buried in Bebington Cemetery. He exhumed the body and took it back to Claughton Rd in a wheelbarrow where he connected her up to batteries and tried to revive her.
Originally Posted by bert1
I hope this helps, The house was in Claughton Rd between Cardigan ave and Hemingford St. His mother was buried in Bebington Cemetery. He exhumed the body and took it back to Claughton Rd in a wheelbarrow where he connected her up to batteries and tried to revive her.

That must be the one? Do you have an approximate date Bert?
I think it would be around 1966 ish
Thanks so much. You've been very helpful mate.
Is this for your next book Dan? raftl I can see we'll be asking that question rather a lot...
Lolol, probably not. The 60's is a bit too recent for me to use (I'm careful with not being too gory if people involved may still be alive) It's just something I want to read up on.
I,m sure I read about this somewhere could of been in one of Tom Slemen's books .
He exhumed the body and took it back to Claughton Rd in a wheelbarrow where he connected her up to batteries and tried to revive her.

Couldn't find the Life Insurance certificate raftl help
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
He exhumed the body and took it back to Claughton Rd in a wheelbarrow where he connected her up to batteries and tried to revive her.

Couldn't find the Life Insurance certificate raftl help

I hope you mean HE couldn't find the insurance certificate DD pc
Hi Dan, Remeber me - Linda - you included my ancestor in one of your books - I still have the same email address but lost yours as had to get a new pc. x
The story I know is that she was removed from the general hospital I will only add that there are plenty of relatives still about and I hope this is treated with respect cheers
Jesus, he must've been totally distraught. frown
I recall this case. The man was apparently very upset and I think mentally ill. I am sure he did exhume his mothers body. He thought that he would be able to bring her back by using electric current. I have often wondered what happened to him afterwards.
Originally Posted by Raymondoj
I recall this case. The man was apparently very upset and I think mentally ill. I am sure he did exhume his mothers body. He thought that he would be able to bring her back by using electric current. I have often wondered what happened to him afterwards.

He was charged! laugh

I'll get me coat.
Yes I did it was over the road from St Johns Street about three houses from the lights going toward Exmouth Street I lived in St Andrews Square Just by the square there lived a Doctor just by a big old tree that attended this.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral