Forums
Posted By: granny Wimbledon 2017 - 7th Jul 2017 8:49pm

Anyone see Andy Murray's match tonight ? He was one lucky fellow despite dragging himself back from 2-5 down in the third set. Nail biting stuff.

Posted By: snowshoes Re: Wimbledon 2017 - 7th Jul 2017 9:24pm
I did gran. He really is a grinder. It would be great to see him
in the final with Nadal or Federer. Both playing well.
Especially Nadal.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Wimbledon 2017 - 7th Jul 2017 9:41pm
Haven't watched Murray today yet, his last two matches were interesting with Bublik and Brown both mixing it up, I bet a few other players are glad they are out the scene.

I thought both Bublik and Brown played excellently and gained respect, commentators were a bit harsh on them at times but if you are way down the rankings playing the number 1 its no use using your safe service, you gotta give it everything. Both of them ran out of steam in the end and had to play baseline tennis which of course they weren't going to win even if both of them were quite fast servers.

Full marks to Murray on those matches.

Nadal looks very sharp at the moment, I wonder if he can keep it up when the pressure mounts.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Wimbledon 2017 - 7th Jul 2017 9:47pm
Can't believe that they have taken Eggheads off to put this nonsense on !!
Posted By: granny Re: Wimbledon 2017 - 7th Jul 2017 10:03pm

That's because their brains have been scrambled... nothing to do with the tennis, Dilly.

Had to get that in , before Fish arrives. laugh

Talking tennis; Nadal looks as good a new. Haven't really seen Federer play yet.

Dilly, and you really should take more of an interest! A scandalous display of apathy smile
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Wimbledon 2017 - 7th Jul 2017 11:01pm
Switched off radio commentary when commentator started drivelling on about a player being dressed all in white with a pony tail down her back held in place by a nice white pony tail band.
Cant see murray winning it this year but would like to be wrong.
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Wimbledon 2017 - 7th Jul 2017 11:08pm
Biggest bore of the year if you ask me. Dilly is right. The test card would be more interesting than most of it.

I really don't give two hoots whether Murray wins or loses. Hang on a bit...

Oh hell! His mother is in the front garden with a flame thrower. Must go....
Posted By: Dilly Re: Wimbledon 2017 - 8th Jul 2017 6:12am
Y
Originally Posted by granny

That's because their brains have been scrambled... nothing to do with the tennis, Dilly.

Had to get that in , before Fish arrives. laugh

Talking tennis; Nadal looks as good a new. Haven't really seen Federer play yet.

Dilly, and you really should take more of an interest! A scandalous display of apathy smile

Granny I come home from work every day and watch Eggheads only to find tennis on both Bbc1 and Bbc2, why both ? . Eggheads is a cracking show and I find it no yolk they have taken it off.
Posted By: granny Re: Wimbledon 2017 - 8th Jul 2017 8:31am

Well Dilly, I sit here just about all day and usually have to watch cookery programmes, or DIY programmes or football programmes or rugby or horse racing. So I don't even care anymore. laugh
Posted By: Dilly Re: Wimbledon 2017 - 8th Jul 2017 8:38am

Well Dilly, I sit here just about all day and usually have to watch cookery programmes, or DIY programmes or football programmes or rugby or horse racing. So I don't even care anymore. laugh

No Granny you don't have to watch them, you could try being a traditional Granny and knit laffin x
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Wimbledon 2017 - 8th Jul 2017 9:04am
Xmas orders being taken.....balaclava for me granny please
Posted By: granny Re: Wimbledon 2017 - 8th Jul 2017 9:07pm

Traditional Grannies hit the sherry ,Dilly. Rocking chair and a redifussion 'pay as you go' tele.

Now Fish, balaclavas are not very vogue, how about an elf hat ?(you little imp you )
Posted By: granny Re: Wimbledon 2017 - 8th Jul 2017 9:15pm

Missed all the tennis today, much to my annoyance. Had the grandchildren, and sons dog. What a concoction ! Madness and heat all day. Managed to have 10mins quiet for a story before bed (as they are staying the night) and thought I could catch up on the tennis after that. Hey presto ! ... Not a chance. One of them violently ill 15mins later, the other squawking about the smell. So clean up job and into the shower for her. All sorted and then it happened all over again.
About to start knitting a new carpet. frown
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Wimbledon 2017 - 8th Jul 2017 9:21pm
I'm having a chuckle at the cafuffle about the Wimbledon courts not being up to scratch. I thought that was the point of grass court tennis, the courts aren't as perfect as hard courts, the imperfections are part of the game as is the case in cricket. Next they will be moaning about draughts in outdoor tennis!
Posted By: Dilly Re: Wimbledon 2017 - 8th Jul 2017 10:53pm

Traditional Grannies hit the sherry ,Dilly. Rocking chair and a redifussion 'pay as you go' tele.

Now Fish, balaclavas are not very vogue, how about an elf hat ?(you little imp you )

I would like a tight knit pair of trollies please Granny, if you have any spare wool smile
Posted By: granny Re: Wimbledon 2017 - 8th Jul 2017 11:15pm
Originally Posted by Dilly

I would like a tight knit pair of trollies please Granny, if you have any spare wool smile

How could the wheels be attached ?
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Wimbledon 2017 - 9th Jul 2017 1:31pm

AKA a "dilly" warmer..

Granny..sounds like your poor grandkid was raiding your sherry stash while you were rocking and giving the zzz zzz. Well I remember the effects of a bottle of QC from Manor Wine stores 40 odd years ago ..think it cost about 49p a bottle back then.
Posted By: granny Re: Wimbledon 2017 - 10th Jul 2017 5:01pm

Watching Nadal v Muller. Not impressed with Nadal atm. He seems to be making a lot of errors. He's also still suffering from his knickers in a twist . Maybe it's a superstition thingy ?
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Wimbledon 2017 - 10th Jul 2017 8:14pm
And Nadal crashed out, he was by biggest worry against Murray coming in to Wimbledon but I guess Nadal has never been a grass court player,
Posted By: granny Re: Wimbledon 2017 - 11th Jul 2017 8:05pm

Shame about Nadal. BUT, a good day today for Djokovic , V.Williams, and Konta. Must admit I'm a bit fed up with the Williams sisters now. It doesn't give the youngsters much of a chance really. Some of them have been and gone over the years that the Williams sister have mopped up everything.

Have you noticed the legs on the men tennis players ? They are gooorgeous ! Not like big fat hairy footballer legs, but slim, shapely and beautiful camera
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Wimbledon 2017 - 12th Jul 2017 10:16pm
Granny wrote " Have you noticed the legs on the men tennis players ? They are gooorgeous ! Not like big fat hairy footballer legs, but slim, shapely and beautiful camera"

Any one got a razor.... ?
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Wimbledon 2017 - 12th Jul 2017 10:43pm
Have you noticed the legs on the men tennis players ? They are gooorgeous ! Not like big fat hairy footballer legs, but slim, shapely and beautiful camera

I see what you mean ....

[Linked Image]
Posted By: granny Re: Wimbledon 2017 - 13th Jul 2017 3:44pm

raftl No comparison ! Just look at them...

[Linked Image]

Posted By: Dilly Re: Wimbledon 2017 - 13th Jul 2017 4:23pm

raftl No comparison ! Just look at them...

[Linked Image]

I've seen pigeons with better legs laffin
Posted By: venice Re: Wimbledon 2017 - 13th Jul 2017 5:36pm
Must have a better standard of pigeons round you Dilly , half the ones I see are club footed !

( Most unflattering pic of poor Boris there DD ! lol) shocked
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Wimbledon 2017 - 13th Jul 2017 9:19pm
Reminds me of a horse falling at The Chair
Posted By: granny Re: Wimbledon 2017 - 13th Jul 2017 11:42pm

Ooooooo ! Jealous men hey ? Quite apparent that you must all have fat ,hairy footballers legs. What a disappointment laugh
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Wimbledon 2017 - 14th Jul 2017 11:43am
I'm sure there would be a misogynistic uprising if we started talking about the body attributes of women tennis players.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Wimbledon 2017 - 14th Jul 2017 11:47am
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
I'm sure there would be a misogynistic uprising if we started talking about the body attributes of women tennis players.

You don't get flashing of body parts on Eggheads smile
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Wimbledon 2017 - 14th Jul 2017 8:39pm
Footballers legs. Run a cold shower Granny!

Attached picture ronaldos legs.jpg
Posted By: granny Re: Wimbledon 2017 - 14th Jul 2017 9:30pm
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper

You don't get flashing of body parts on Eggheads smile

Only talking about legs, DD. Nothing your wife would object to.

Dilly, Eggheads have pulsating foreheads, have you never seen them ?
Posted By: granny Re: Wimbledon 2017 - 14th Jul 2017 9:35pm
Originally Posted by fish5133
Footballers legs. Run a cold shower Granny!

Seriously mistaken, Fish. This is the man and he can play superb tennis too on his beautiful legs for hours on end !

Never heard of a football match going on for 3 hrs !

Look at these beautiful specimens. I'll take a cold shower after Sunday's final.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Wimbledon 2017 - 15th Jul 2017 9:35am
Granny---can you advise a fitness regime for me and Dilly..think we have a long way to go!!

On subject off footballers legs..if we are still around to see them September 2019 at Prenton Park England v Russia World cup qualifier ...womens football.
Posted By: granny Re: Wimbledon 2017 - 15th Jul 2017 7:49pm
Probably too late now, for the footballer legs. Once formed no turning back to tennis legs. Sorry you lost your chances. thumbsdown

Hopefully ,I'll be able to watch the men's final tomorrow. Got family visiting and it's pretty hectic, might just chase them off to Brimstage Maize, where they can get lost for a few hours.

Very pleased Venus didn't win. I reckon everyone thought it was a foregone conclusion, but NO, and it's pleasing that another has won. Since the year 2000, one or other of the Williams sisters have won 11 times. That's not cricket !
Posted By: cools Re: Wimbledon 2017 - 15th Jul 2017 8:39pm
Something I've never taken too Granny, Tennis. Used to quite like it when McEnroe and was it Connors used to throw their tantrums found that quite funny. Know it's hugely popular though a girl I used to work with would make sure she took annual leave so she could watch Wimbledon.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Wimbledon 2017 - 15th Jul 2017 9:59pm
I was watching some of Jimmy Connors matches last night an excellent player, as was McEnroe apart from their gamesmanship.

Different style of play these days, its all about the big serve.

Great to see Federer through to the finals, as well as a brilliant player he has been an excellent ambassador for the sport. Federer is still young at 35, Kenny Rosewall was 39 when he beat Jimmy Connors in the Wimbledon final, but Connors beat him a few weeks later in the US Open.
Posted By: snowshoes Re: Wimbledon 2017 - 15th Jul 2017 10:02pm
Probably too late now, for the footballer legs. Once formed no turning back to tennis legs. Sorry you lost your chances. thumbsdown

Hopefully ,I'll be able to watch the men's final tomorrow. Got family visiting and it's pretty hectic, might just chase them off to Brimstage Maize, where they can get lost for a few hours.

Very pleased Venus didn't win. I reckon everyone thought it was a foregone conclusion, but NO, and it's pleasing that another has won. Since the year 2000, one or other of the Williams sisters have won 11 times. That's not cricket !

I too was glad to watch the Spaniard win. Your right, it
wasn't cricket, it's tennis. The Williams sisters won that
many times because they deserved to win. Not a fan but
credit were it's due. Glad Venus was not to blame for the
death in car accident.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Wimbledon 2017 - 16th Jul 2017 1:27am
Originally Posted by snowshoes
The Williams sisters won that
many times because they deserved to win. Not a fan but
credit were it's due.

Totally true, if the youngsters can't up their game enough that's their problem. Muguruza is 23 years old, probably not reached her potential yet but I doubt she will be in any finals in 14 years time. Full marks to the Williams sisters for their track record.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Wimbledon 2017 - 16th Jul 2017 4:42pm
Well done to Federer, what an amazing star.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral