Forums
Posted By: cools Tranmere Rovers - 25th Feb 2017 9:17pm
Didn't they do well today, 5-1. Not that interested in football really but got a soft spot for Tranmere Rovers, hope they continue and wish them luck and reach Wembly, would be great.
Posted By: starakita Re: Tranmere Rovers - 25th Feb 2017 9:52pm
I was pleased for Tranmere,hope they do get to Wembly.I go sometimes,mainly if they play Tuesday nights or if it's an early kick off on a Saturday.it would be nice to see them back in the football league as well.
Posted By: spinner1 Re: Tranmere Rovers - 26th Feb 2017 2:20pm
Just hope we don,t get Lincoln in the semi,s.
York would be much better !!!!
Posted By: cools Re: Tranmere Rovers - 18th Mar 2017 10:54pm
Arr really gutted for Tranmere today not going to Wembly and just to rub it in was in the pub when Macclesfield team came in victorious from their win at Tranmere. Made my feelings known but got to admit they seemed a nice bunch. Better luck next time Rovers..
Posted By: starakita Re: Tranmere Rovers - 18th Mar 2017 11:02pm
I was gutted but there is still a chance to get to Wembley for the playoffs just need to try & keep winning need to get back into the football league
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Tranmere Rovers - 7th May 2017 12:57pm
Well done TRFC for at least getting to Wembley and giving 10000 plus something to shout about.
Dusting down the 2000 league cup final flags. Just to think TRFC only narrowly lost that game to the present Premier league champs.
For anyone going I have worked out a route. Free car park and only £1.80 single tube ride to Wembley Park.

Posted By: cools Re: Tranmere Rovers - 7th May 2017 2:16pm
Yes I second that Fish, it's great for Tranmere and their fans. Very well done team and may it carry on..
Posted By: starakita Re: Tranmere Rovers - 7th May 2017 6:43pm
I was there yesterday,great atmosphere,Prenton Park bouncing.Feeling a bit dissapointed because I can't go to Wembley,couldn't leave Misty for that long,my sister rang & asked me did I want to be booked on a coach but I can't go so no point.One of my sons is going & the other one is still into his rugby so looks like a party for one next Sunday.Just want Mickey & his team to go out & beat the vegie munchers,should have more support down there than them must be 50+ coaches going down & people making their own way down.
Posted By: cools Re: Tranmere Rovers - 13th May 2017 2:46pm
Well the very best of luck to Tranmere and the White Army, should be a great day for everyone going down to Wembly. Shame you can't be there Star, I know what you mean about having to be there for Misty you are tied. Is it being shown on TV ? Which channel I only have freeview though, otherwise I'll listen to it on radio. So good luck for tomorrow once again..
Posted By: starakita Re: Tranmere Rovers - 13th May 2017 5:36pm
I'm nervous about tomorrow but just hope they can do it.Saw some of the players & Micky off on the coach yesterday & Shaun Garnett who played in the 91 playoff final.My son is going with his mates & my sister & her family,still disapointed I can't go but got some snacks & alcohol,it's on BT sport so at least I can watch not the same as being there but hopefully some of the atmosphere will flow through.
Posted By: starakita Re: Tranmere Rovers - 13th May 2017 5:40pm
[youtube]hj8V5sRVXGk[/youtube] love it when this starts up & the players come out.It was one of Johnny Kings favourite programmes
Posted By: cools Re: Tranmere Rovers - 13th May 2017 6:26pm
Thanks for giving me the channel Star, what time does it start? I'll put my feet up with a lager and watch it too.
Posted By: starakita Re: Tranmere Rovers - 13th May 2017 7:13pm
It's a 3 oclock kick off but it starts at 2.15 for the build up
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Tranmere Rovers - 13th May 2017 7:19pm
M1 busy with Liverpool and Manchester and Tranmere all playing in London tomorrow. 12,500 tranmere tickets sold ive heard and Forest Green about 3000 so we should at least out sing them !!!
Posted By: cools Re: Tranmere Rovers - 13th May 2017 7:22pm
Thanks Star. Are you going Fish ?
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Tranmere Rovers - 13th May 2017 7:26pm
Originally Posted by cools
Thanks Star. Are you going Fish ?

Yep. Picking bro up at 7am, picking other bro up in Bedford and having lunch. Drive to Stanmore, park up and tube to Wembley Park. Just dug out a 2000 Worthington Cup scarf and think got couple flags from then as well. Not really a tranmere fan but fancied supporting them and a day out at Wembley.
Posted By: cools Re: Tranmere Rovers - 13th May 2017 7:34pm
Oh good for you, sounds great think you'll have a wonderful day. Well let's hope everybodys celebrating coming home, let's see those goals go in for Tranmere.
Posted By: cools Re: Tranmere Rovers - 14th May 2017 1:54pm
Oh drat, I thought I would be able to watch the match but seems I can't get it. Only have basic freeview...oh well will listen to it , hope it's on radio.
Posted By: starakita Re: Tranmere Rovers - 14th May 2017 2:14pm
The veggie's have just scored,early days.
Posted By: cools Re: Tranmere Rovers - 14th May 2017 2:21pm
Ye damm them, am listening to it, come on Tranmere....
Posted By: cools Re: Tranmere Rovers - 14th May 2017 2:23pm
Wheyyy Star, we got one...
Posted By: starakita Re: Tranmere Rovers - 14th May 2017 2:33pm
yes Tranmere need to defend better & don't give any more away.no extra time or penalties,we havn't been so good on them unless Micky's had them practising
Posted By: cools Re: Tranmere Rovers - 14th May 2017 2:50pm
Oh my it's all going wrong!!! Hope they come back out like demons ready to score score score...
Posted By: cools Re: Tranmere Rovers - 14th May 2017 4:06pm
Gutted for Tranmere and their fans, it just wasn't their day. Lots of unhappy fans returning tonight. Maybe next year eh.
Posted By: starakita Re: Tranmere Rovers - 14th May 2017 4:16pm
I'm gutted a village team over us but we weren't good enough on the day plus we've had to manage with 8 players out through injury.It's a shame only one team from this league can go up,we were on 95 points still I hope we can get sorted through the summer come back stronger.Got faith in Mark & Nicola Palios who've done good things & Mickey Mellon hopefully we can get that 100 points & we don't have to go to Forest Green with their awful vegetarian food & tea with awful milk
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Tranmere Rovers - 2nd Sep 2017 6:51pm
Off to a bad start in 2017, three places from the relegation band after 8 games, only one win so far. Just as well they didn't get promotion last season, there's only one position they would be in now.
Posted By: cools Re: Tranmere Rovers - 11th May 2018 5:23pm
Just want to wish Tranmere good luck tomorrow. I'm not a big football fan but i always like it when they do well. Bit of a soft spot with Tranmere.
Posted By: starakita Re: Tranmere Rovers - 11th May 2018 6:47pm
I wish I was going but like last year I'll have to miss it but will be watching it on t v listening on radio Merseyside,hope Micky & the lads do it this time round
Posted By: starakita Re: Tranmere Rovers - 11th May 2018 6:50pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lD5VI20zJE good luck tomorrow
Posted By: starakita Re: Tranmere Rovers - 12th May 2018 4:36pm
Well they only went & done it although it was full of drama & very nerve wracking to watch.Absolutely made up back in the football league,big congratulations Tranmere Rovers #SWA
Posted By: cools Re: Tranmere Rovers - 12th May 2018 4:39pm
Yes I was just about to post , I listened to it as I couldn't watch it and that was bad enough.....So pleased for them, Well done Tranmere! The fans were great so much support being given, keep it up team....
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Tranmere Rovers - 12th May 2018 5:21pm
The weirdest team ever, always seem to have done better away even though the team has changed numerous times. After a pretty bad start to the season they have pulled miracles to get where they are today.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Tranmere Rovers - 25th May 2019 4:39pm
Tranmere left that a little late but well done on the promotion.
Posted By: starakita Re: Tranmere Rovers - 25th May 2019 4:41pm
Well done Tranmere Rovers,Micky Mellon 2 in a row.Didn't make it easy,last minute goal again
Posted By: cools Re: Tranmere Rovers - 25th May 2019 5:04pm
Ye made up for them and all the fans , didn't think they were going to do it it was nail biting stuff eh Star ...
Posted By: starakita Re: Tranmere Rovers - 25th May 2019 5:08pm
yes right to the end.I was dreading it going to penalties. I've got next Saturday now to bite my nails further,Liverpool in the champions league,going for 6 in a row
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Tranmere Rovers - 27th May 2019 12:28am
twas a good day out. only thing that spoilt it for me was the booing of the welsh national anthem (its much better than out God Save Our gracious Queen) and i love hearing the welsh sing it.

Attached picture IMG_3715.JPG
Posted By: Greenwood Re: Tranmere Rovers - 27th Jun 2019 12:19pm
Only just noticed this thread. They booed the Welsh National Anthem? That is SO out of order. It gives me goosebumps every time I hear it - knocks ours into a cocked hat.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral