Forums
Posted By: diggingdeeper Federer - 26th Jan 2017 3:07pm
Great to see Roger Federer back on form again after injury, what an amazing athlete and sportsman.
Posted By: granny Re: Federer - 29th Jan 2017 11:49pm
He's done well. Did anyone watch the match, if it was televised. Noted Nadal's disappointment. He seems to have fallen behind in the last couple of years. It's a shame, as he seems to have missed a couple of boats now.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Federer - 30th Jan 2017 1:39am
Posted By: venice Re: Federer - 30th Jan 2017 11:17am
Oh! and there it was gone!
Posted By: granny Re: Federer - 31st Jan 2017 11:07pm

I watched it on this video, but it was not the whole match. Fully intended to go back and watch the remainder. Never mind, we can probably find it on Youtube somewhere.
Posted By: snowhite Re: Federer - 31st Jan 2017 11:13pm
Originally Posted by venice
Oh! and there it was gone!
raftl :r:Just what i got too.
DD the video has vanished laugh
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Federer - 1st Feb 2017 6:31pm
It wasn't the most exciting of games, Nadal was playing a fairly unchanging style thinking if he played "big" all the time he would beat Federer - if Lendl had coached Nadal he would have wiped the floor with Federer, Federer wasn't at his most athletic and was letting difficult shots go.

Between the two of them it was a fairly balanced and very long match going right to the end with numerous games going to deuce. In the very end Nadal's nerves went on some games as did Federer's to a lesser extent.

I did laugh at one tactic Federer was playing, if Nadal won a point, Federer would set up another match with almost identical play except the roles were reversed.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral