Forums
Posted By: diggingdeeper Murray and Lendl Back Together. - 12th Jun 2016 1:46pm
Murray was third in the World ranking when Lendl used to be his coach, he is now second and obviously looking for something to push him to first.

In my mind it doesn't matter, Murray has proven his ability for many years and continues to perform.

Its nice to see Roger Federer regain some form again and is currently third in the rankings.

We have had an amazing era in tennis, long may it continue.
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Murray and Lendl Back Together. - 13th Jun 2016 6:13am
I find it bonk bonk boring. It's not much better than football, which is so tedious that the spectators resort to attacking each other to liven things up.

My heart sinks when a British sportsman does well. Not because I wish them ill, or are anything other than indifferent to them, but because I know every news item will be full of accounts of their performances, which I don't believe is either interesting or important enough to be considered as news.

There are many more things going on in the world that I'd like to hear about. Oh dear! Here's Rob with the sport...
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Murray and Lendl Back Together. - 6th Nov 2016 3:35pm
A huge congratulations to Murray to get to number one in the world, I can't think of a sportsman that deserves it better.

Credit is also due to the teams of staff who have helped him over the years, its been a long journey but he's got there, together with the record for the oldest person to get to number one for the first time.
Posted By: granny Re: Murray and Lendl Back Together. - 6th Nov 2016 6:20pm
He's done really well, and we should be very proud for him. Well done Andy Murray.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral