Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Reds reach Wembley - 25th Jan 2012 9:55pm
Reds reach Wembley
Liverpool draw with Man City in second leg at Anfield

Liverpool set up a Carling Cup final against Cardiff after playing out a thrilling 2-2 draw with Manchester City at Anfield to advance 3-2 on aggregate.

Trailing 1-0 from the first leg, City quickly drew level on aggregate thanks to a superb long-range strike from defensive midfielder Nigel de Jong that flew into the top corner.

Liverpool hit back before half-time when Micah Richards was harshly penalised for handball after a deflection off his leg onto the arm, and Steven Gerrard stepped up to score from the spot.

The Reds kept pushing forward at the start of the second half but a number of superb saves from Joe Hart prevented them from moving into a position of complete control.

City then grabbed a goal against the run of play on 67 minutes to make it 2-1 on the night, with Edin Dzeko converting an excellent Aleksandar Kolarov cross from close range.

Liverpool were not to be denied, though, as Craig Bellamy rounded off a flowing move with a fine finish in the 74th minute to leave City with it all to do in the closing stages.

Roberto Mancini's side battled hard in an effort to send the tie to extra time but the hosts held firm to book a spot at Wembley.

SKY SPORTS NEWS
Posted By: gypsyjune Re: Reds reach Wembley - 25th Jan 2012 10:05pm
Yes and isn`t it some thing like 16 years since they got there for this cup well let`s hope they do well .that`ll be great good luck to them
Posted By: starakita Re: Reds reach Wembley - 25th Jan 2012 10:32pm
I hope they win but liverpool never seem to do it the easy way lets hope they can beat that other manchester team on saturday
Posted By: gypsyjune Re: Reds reach Wembley - 25th Jan 2012 10:46pm
Hey Starakita that would be good ,do you reckon they will win on Saturday ? I for one will be watching ,good luck to them any way
Posted By: Littlebear Re: Reds reach Wembley - 25th Jan 2012 11:07pm
When is the final?

I've never understood the aggregate thing.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Reds reach Wembley - 25th Jan 2012 11:23pm
Originally Posted by Littlebear
When is the final?

26th feb wink
© Wirral-Wikiwirral