Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Liverpool Marathon - 4th Oct 2011 4:52pm
THE Liverpool Marathon starts at 9.30am on Sunday in Birkenhead Park, with the finish at Pier Head, Liverpool.

In Wirral, runners will travel up Tower Road, Brighton Street and King Street as they head to Wallasey and along Seabank Road, Rowson Street, Kings Parade and down Egremont Parade heading to the Birkenhead Tunnel.

In Liverpool, they will go north along New Quay before turning south on Old Hall Street and crossing Dale Street via Castle Street onto the Strand. They will head to Sefton Park via Parliament Street, Princes Avenue, and Croxteth Drive before going round the park and returning via Ullet Road and Devonshire Road onto The Strand and the finish at the Pier Head.

http://www.runliverpoolmarathon.co.uk/
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Liverpool Marathon - 4th Oct 2011 5:33pm
woohoo roll on Sunday
Posted By: Headcoat_TheMrs Re: Liverpool Marathon - 5th Oct 2011 9:01am
How are we supposed to get out of our road, while this is on? The only way out for us is onto the roundabout opposite seacombe ferry?
Posted By: Handbag Re: Liverpool Marathon - 5th Oct 2011 9:17am
Are the roads closed to traffic while this is on?

I have to go to my allotment on Sunday and they go over the bridges at tower road twice...

I could leave the house at the crack of dawn bewfore it all starts.. but hey, it's Sunday Morning LOL

Not that I'm complaining about it, I think it's a briliant event, and it only happens once a year.
Posted By: Headcoat_TheMrs Re: Liverpool Marathon - 5th Oct 2011 9:24am
Loads of roads are closed.

http://www.wirral.gov.uk/news/04-10-2011/run-liverpool-marathon-road-closures

Although...All junctions adjoining the above roads will be temporarily closed along the route between 6am-1.30pm when necessary. However, access will be maintained for residents and businesses wherever possible.

Let's see how long it takes us to get out of our road? Would have been nice to have more notice about this, I only found out yesterday from someone at work and then saw the flashing warnings around the 4 bridges.

Anyway, brings some attention to this side of the water for a change smile
Posted By: Wench Re: Liverpool Marathon - 5th Oct 2011 10:14am
Good job you put this up as any access to my road is impossible according to that list frown

I have a few friends running in it. The plus side is, I'll be able to watch them from my confinement raftl
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Liverpool Marathon - 10th Oct 2011 12:56am
i did it in 4hrs 56mins. Didnt like the tunnel run.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral