Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Liverpool FC agree record sponsorship deal - 14th Sep 2009 7:30pm
Liverpool FC agree record sponsorship deal with Standard Chartered Bank

LIVERPOOL FC have agreed the biggest sponsorship deal in the club's history with international finance giants Standard Chartered Bank.

The four-year deal, starting in July 2010 and running until summer 2014, is rumoured to be worth £20m per season and will see the bank's name and logo replace Carsberg on the club's shirt.

The deal was announced on the club's website on Sunday evening, and Liverpool managing director Christian Purslow said the sponsorship deal attracted huge interest from around the world.

He added: "The partnership brings together two highly successful organisations with a really strong cultural and strategic fit. It is a real sign of the progress we have made at Liverpool FC that we have been able to secure the largest ever commercial deal in our history."

Standard Chartered PLC ranks among the top 25 companies in the FTSE 100 by market capitalisation, more than doubling its revenue and profits over the last five years.

Peter Sands, the Standard Chartered chief executive, said: "This is a great partnership. We are excited to be working with such a famous global brand as Liverpool FC for the next four years.

"This is an outstanding opportunity for Standard Chartered, our customers and shareholders, and for Liverpool, its players and fans."
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Liverpool FC agree record sponsorship deal - 14th Sep 2009 7:33pm
After all these years its time to say GOODBYE to "Carsberg"
Posted By: bert1 Re: Liverpool FC agree record sponsorship deal - 14th Sep 2009 8:22pm
I wonder if thats who Liverpool owe all the money too.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Liverpool FC agree record sponsorship deal - 15th Sep 2009 11:12pm
Thats RBS.

I wonder if Standard are trying to get into the UK market then... they are gigantic in Asia, which is funny as they are based in London!! Could amazingly help with the appeal of LFC in Asia (the biggest market to crack financially) as a result of having such a recognised brand on the shirts.

Im sure all fans will join me in saying a great thanks to Carlsberg for all their support over the years, they have been fantastic, and will always be probably the best larger in the world.

smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral